My Mollie Is Swimming Funny ( Not Funny At All Really)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
i just noticed, she is swimming on her head, and doing summersaults, she was fine last night,she is managing to swim normaly some of the time

i have recently added 6 balloon mollies to the tank, and have just tested the water, and have a nitrite reading which is almost 1, even though i did a 50% water change before i put the new mollies in there(4 days ago) tested that day and just now,was no reading on that day

aww this is awful, she wants to get to the top for food but cant
shes not looking swollen, or infact any diffrent from usuall, no clamped fins, everyone in the tank is fine apart from her ( mollies.platies,angels)

shes right next to the computer and shes sitting on the tank floor now, im off to do a 30% WC

130 litres
ammonia ( ?)
nitrite 1
nitrate 25
PH 6.8 ( same in all my tanks)

shelagh

EDIT* shalli get her out of that tank and put her on her own in a little tank ?

The behavour she showing is not good it signs that she dying.
How long has the tank been set up.
How many fish and which type are in the tank.
I would carry on with water changes and increase aeration in the tank.

thanks wilder,

there are 11 fish in there, angels plays mollies
tank has been set up for approx 4 weeks, with a cloned filter ( i did have a nitrite reading when i first added the fish, but managed to get it down with daiy WC and no fatalities
its a deep tank rather than a wide one, and the surface is moving , but dont think its enough i have just put another stone in, i dont hold out much hope for her, but i would like to know for futrure reffrence..

another thin is i have recently decreased the temp in the tank from 80 to 75, over 4 days

Ok didn't notice it was you.
I would carry on with the water changes but to be honest the fish that sick It dosn't sound to good to be honest.

gee wizz, crap happens in 3`s, have just noticed one of the ballon mollies has whitespot.( stress from delayed delivery??)

is interpet anti-whitespot ok with angels ,mollies and platys ?? and should i add aqaurium salt??

again tank is 130L

I know how you feel everything seems to go wrong all at the same time.
Yes it ok to add the anti whitespot med, you do have to half dose with scaless fish.
Don't forget to remove black carbon from the filter if you use it.
Increase aeration with the high temp and med.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back