My male molly fish’s gonapodium(organ fin) seems like swollen, any idea what it is? Is it a disease?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Chloe Woo

Reaction score
My male molly organ fin was normal before but recently I found out his organ fin tip is swollen and that fin can’t close and it seems like he is unable to bend it when he is chasing the female.

Attachments

• 80CEEFFD-ADAB-4008-BDCB-BBF77C1D87F6.jpeg
    80CEEFFD-ADAB-4008-BDCB-BBF77C1D87F6.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 370
  • C2570AF9-2A7F-4DD0-8D1E-04E284F07D91.jpeg
    C2570AF9-2A7F-4DD0-8D1E-04E284F07D91.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 5,599
I’ve only seen this once and it turned out to be a prolapse in the organ. It may correct itself and it may not. I would put him in a quarantine tank so no one picks on him and see if it resolves itself. You may try putting him in an Epsom salt bath to see if it pulls some fluid off and reduces swelling. You can put one teaspoon of Epsom salt in a gallon of dechlorinated water which is the same temp as his tank. Leave him in the bath for about 5 minutes. Then place him back in tank. You can do this 3 times a day. That’s the only thing I can suggest. Perhaps someone else will come on with other ideas. Good luck!

I agree with Deanasue. It is most likely a prolapsed anus. Try feeding some peas. And add anti-bacterial meds to prevent infection. This is caused by constipation or severe pushing.

Sounds like this male is already in trouble. EAT YOUR VEGGIES! Mama knows best. :rofl:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back