My Little Boy Has Grown

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
He's a Texas Cichlid - Heryichthys Cyanoguttatus
12" is his max size.
I know it's an old thread but since it was resurrected anyway I thought I'd let you know in case you never found out.

12" is his max size.
[font="arial]I know it's an old thread but since it was resurrected anyway I thought I'd let you know in case you never found out.[/font]
Oh I did, he's a carpintis Cichlid not a proper Texas. They do call them Texas cichlids but they aren't from Texas at all. Their more common name is pearlscale Cichlid. Thanks though, they are sold as Texas cichlids hence the confusion

12" is his max size.
I know it's an old thread but since it was resurrected anyway I thought I'd let you know in case you never found out.
Oh I did, he's a carpintis Cichlid not a proper Texas. They do call them Texas cichlids but they aren't from Texas at all. Their more common name is pearlscale Cichlid. Thanks though, they are sold as Texas cichlids hence the confusion

Believe it or not, I've never heard of Pearlscale Cichlid so I googled and now I can see the difference. Texas Cichlids have a more pointed face whereas Pearlscale have a slightly more rounded off face and less of a bump.

All the Texas cichlids sold in pets at home seem to be pealscales. I think they are less agreesive that regular Texas and I don't think they grow as big.

Update

C7879846-5068-479C-825E-AD9179A831AF.jpg

And more time has passed. He's still going strong and still my Baby and still a very peaceful Carpintis

BD65CD84-5777-4A8D-9ECA-B4228DCE4CEB.jpg

Stunning, I so miss my group :( he is a credit to you :)

Thanks star. He's over 3 years old now I think and so placid. I adore him

What an awesome looking fish. He is deadset attractive. Such an amazing find.

wow , he has like a discus colouration , I want one !!!!  how big now?

beechey said:
wow , he has like a discus colouration , I want one !!!!  how big now?
Sorry for the late reply. I'd say he's about 8 inches he's in with a geophagus , red spotted severum and a breeding pair of Belem Severums . Never have an ounce of aggression from any of them even when the belems are breeding

Sad to say I found my beloved Percy dead in his tank yesterday. I have no idea how or what happened but he was totally fine on Saturday. He had a few grazes on him which suggests he may have been startled and perhaps swam into the glass or rocks and really hurt himself. I'm absolutely gutted as I've had him a long time

I'm going to miss him so much

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back