My Leather Coral Is Covered In White Spots? Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

craigybaby37

Fishaholic
Reaction score
From leaving to goto work yesterday morning and returning at 5:30pm my leather coral went from this. The image is from a few weeks back but it was fully open in the morning at about 7:30am
marinetank240308045.jpg

To this when i come in from work.
marinetank240308077.jpg

Looks as though it's getting ready to shed. Leathers do this from time to time, fear not :)

Thats a bit of a relief i was getting worried about losing it as i couldnt work out what was wrong.

How long does the process take then?? as its not going into its 3rd day.

my one has shed 3 times, its been i think 9 months of owning it... Takes around 3-4 days for mine to get back to normal. Trust me, the first shed was right after i got it and even though i knew they shed i was extremely scared....

Yea i was realy worried 2 when i saw it as its such a nice coral last thing ide want is for it to die on me.

ive had it around 4 or 5 months now i think so i guess its in need of it. I guess its just a case of its skin goes all crusty then just comes off and it opens up again??

mine doesnt go crusty, i think its mucusy, but i dont look really close at it....

its definatly slimey for sure but the other crusty things look like scabs its not very nice at all. my clown fish cant work out whats going on as it host it a lot of the time but now its like this it doesnt go near it as often.

Does this happen to all leathers as I have a good sized devils finger leather that shriveled up about 4 days ago for no aparent reason. Everything else in the tank is fine. There is no sign of any problem with it its just shrunk back .

Does this happen to all leathers as I have a good sized devils finger leather that shriveled up about 4 days ago for no aparent reason. Everything else in the tank is fine. There is no sign of any problem with it its just shrunk back .

Not all, but many... Perhaps even most would be a better word :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back