My Latest And Upcoming Buys

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TiffanyJayne

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I went a little over board with my fish shopping this week so far i've come home with

5 x blue phantoms
9 x gold nuggets
2 x l100's
Oh and a lace plant =D

and next week i'm getting
8 x claro BN's
8 x long fin BN's
5 x long fin albino BN's
6 x breeding L333's + fry
6 x breeding peppermint BN's + fry
2 x vampire plecs

So everything's busy, busy.

A few questions.

I know it's 1 in a 10,0000,0000,0000 chance my phantoms will breed but has anyone other than the 5500gal tank in berlin ever done it?

My Nuggets like a strong current but i'm worried about putting a power head in the tank because my otto's aren't the cleverest of things.
I have an external running so can't more the output down anymore to flow through the tank, is there anything else i can use? a wave maker perhaps?

I nearly got talked into getting 4 adonis until i checked them out and found they get over a metre each!!! Lfs's are so stupid sometimes! got them labelled up as 10cm max.

I'm thinking of getting some chocolate zebra's does anyone have these? are they big on breeding, any special requirments? my L number book doesn't say a great deal on them but there like 75% of the price of zebra's and i personally think much prettier.

Thats a lot of fish lol, what tank are they being housed in?

I have them spread over 6 tanks at the minute, i have 4 empty and another 17 that have space should i need it.

5 blue phantoms and 9 gold nuggets? spent a few quid this week then!!

Just a tad =D i didn't even get any discount just a £7 bag of pellets for carni. fish....as though that's going to help my plecs.... :blink:

My Kribs bred this morning though....then ate them. So it was a brill :fun:

I went a little over board with my fish shopping this week so far i've come home with

5 x blue phantoms
9 x gold nuggets
2 x l100's
Oh and a lace plant =D

and next week i'm getting
8 x claro BN's
8 x long fin BN's
5 x long fin albino BN's
6 x breeding L333's + fry
6 x breeding peppermint BN's + fry
2 x vampire plecs

So everything's busy, busy.

A few questions.

I know it's 1 in a 10,0000,0000,0000 chance my phantoms will breed but has anyone other than the 5500gal tank in berlin ever done it?

What are there size and do you know male/female ratio?, it's been reported to have been done in aus and im sure other places have just unreported. What size tank do you have for them?

My Nuggets like a strong current but i'm worried about putting a power head in the tank because my otto's aren't the cleverest of things.
I have an external running so can't more the output down anymore to flow through the tank, is there anything else i can use? a wave maker perhaps?

Most plecs like a good current, including the phantoms above. Remove the oto's? and add a powerhead. The flow needs to be around entrances to caves to give the plecs optimum encouragement to breed.

Why did you buy 9 of these may i ask?, what sizes are they?, what tank do you plan on keeping them in, what L number are they and are they all the same L number? Do you plan on trying to breed?. These can be very territorial fish and adding 9 to a tank (unless huge) could spell a big disaster.

I nearly got talked into getting 4 adonis until i checked them out and found they get over a metre each!!! Lfs's are so stupid sometimes! got them labelled up as 10cm max.

Stunning but not for the usual home aquarium. Nasty little buggers too.

I'm thinking of getting some chocolate zebra's does anyone have these? are they big on breeding, any special requirements? my L number book doesn't say a great deal on them but there like 75% of the price of zebra's and i personally think much prettier.

Have to disagree with you 100%, look nowhere near a nice a L46 lol...... as to breeding, yes quite easy... take an age to grow fry on and don't sell for a huge amount of money. No real special requirements.. the typical hypan traits of high temp good high protein diet, caves and cool water changes with fingers crossed.

What are there size and do you know male/female ratio?, it's been reported to have been done in aus and im sure other places have just unreported. What size tank do you have for them?
I have (i think) 3 males 2 females or the other way around, they are currently about 2.5' each.
There currently in a 2.5 foot.

Most plecs like a good current, including the phantoms above. Remove the oto's? and add a powerhead. The flow needs to be around entrances to caves to give the plecs optimum encouragement to breed.
The phantoms have a strong current in there tank. removing the otto's hmmm....i can see me being busy for a good few hours :D

Why did you buy 9 of these may i ask?, what sizes are they?, what tank do you plan on keeping them in, what L number are they and are they all the same L number? Do you plan on trying to breed?. These can be very territorial fish and adding 9 to a tank (unless huge) could spell a big disaster.

They had 9 in the tank and i can move on any surplus males, there all about 3.5inch, There in a 4 x 2 x 1 foot currently and will be split once i get round to sexing them,there all l18's, i'm not in a great rush about trying to breed them, if they do on there own great if not i'm just happy looking at them for now. It's got 2 very mature exernals and i've removed several other fish from it so i think it'll cope for a few days.

Stunning but not for the usual home aquarium. Nasty little buggers too. After i saw how big they get not even my 6 foot would house one of these comfortably so i'm glad i gave it a miss.

I'm thinking of getting some chocolate zebra's does anyone have these? are they big on breeding, any special requirements? my L number book doesn't say a great deal on them but there like 75% of the price of zebra's and i personally think much prettier.

Have to disagree with you 100%, look nowhere near a nice a L46 lol...... as to breeding, yes quite easy... take an age to grow fry on and don't sell for a huge amount of money. No real special requirements.. the typical hypan traits of high temp good high protein diet, caves and cool water changes with fingers crossed.[/quote] i'm not one for the typical 'beautiful' plec, i like the rugged looking ones, explains why i have a moustache (ugly,pretty)
[/quote]

To be honest my brown BN's have given me 57 babies of which i'll try and sell aboout 50 of them so i don't plan on trying to breed anything else, ontop of my swimming fish that are breeding i thinki could so with a little rest over christmas.

Well, we all have our opinions, IMO, Chocolate Zebra Plecos are nicer than L46s. L46s have become so common recently, I got bored of them. I like more exotic plecos (L270/L129) :X :hey:

Harvaard Stoere on planetcatfish forums has a full breeding account with fry photos for the L200 'lowfin'

Search out his threads, his tanks are inspirational to say the very least

Lucky you!!

Wish I could spend that much cash on them, the phantoms are amazing but not as many around these days it seems

Would love to see pics!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back