My kuhli loach is twitching please help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Villiers

Reaction score
Hi, i have a kuhli loach for about a year. Got him with my 20L tank. He is acting strangely, twitching and breathing fastly, i think its gills is red. It recently ate a small apple snail. Please help, i dont know what to do.

Last edited:
Please post your water parameters (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, GH, KH, pH and water temp). Do you do regular water changes? Have you done a change recently? If so did you add water conditioner? Anything else you can think of that happened recently that might help us troubleshoot for you? New fish additions? New filter? etc.

Test your water as soon as you can and post results, please.

Please post your water parameters (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, GH, KH, pH and water temp). Do you do regular water changes? Have you done a change recently? If so did you add water conditioner? Anything else you can think of that happened recently that might help us troubleshoot for you? New fish additions? New filter? etc.

Test your water as soon as you can and post results, please.
Hi the temp is 26C, i do not have a water testing stick left. I did a water change about a week ago. On 12 desember i got 5 new red Zebra Danios and 1 new gold fish. I did a water change today cause is thought it might help.

It's good that you did a water change as you may be dealing with a water quality issue (hoping you used a water conditioner as well). Are you somewhere where you could get to a chain pet store or Walmart or local pet store to get a test kit or some strips? Always keep these on hand and test often, especially being heavily stocked.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back