My Journal - 400L Juwel Rio Marine Conversion

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Oh Mark you must be so pleased with the tank, its looking great - live rock has great colour and shape :good:

And you have a copperband, how are you finding it? Would love one myself

Seffie x

Oh Mark you must be so pleased with the tank, its looking great - live rock has great colour and shape :good:

Seffie x

i saw one today for the first time at swallows in colchester, looked really healthy and stunning fish.

Seffie x

seffie

the copperband is amazing, its not shy at all.

its the 1st 1 to be up for the food and defo gets his share. He takes the cleaner for a ride around the tank sometimes.

the 1st week he was fussy,wouldnt take any frozen food. so what i did was buy them little bags of live brine, and i would drop a frozen mysis cube in with them,then as soon as the food hit the water he would have a taste of the frozen. now i can just put frozen in and hes fine.

i also dont have anything in the tank that is a bully. The flame is probaly the dominator of the tank.

did you get another light bar?

Haven't got one yet but am going to get one just before my tubes need changing, will then add the new one and a week or so later change the tubes on the other unit. Am worried that the Euphyllias might not like a sudden change of light

Seffie x

The live rock you have looks more like reef bones and not so live :S

Looks good...are you going to stack any higher?

why do you say that? Please explain your reason please

All the rock in this tank came from IMO the best lfs in the uk. It was in there vat for 8 weeks, mine for a further 4, then into the main tank. Must be pretty live as I have had no spike in anything in all the time it's been in there. I even bought new tests as I didn't belive it myself.

I still have some rock left, stu has 1st dibs on what he wants

Because its white and doesent look like it has any life on it...im not the most experienced Marine guy but the stuff i used to get from Taunton Aquarium Centre was always purple and covered in Zoas.

The live rock you have looks more like reef bones and not so live :S

Looks good...are you going to stack any higher?

why do you say that? Please explain your reason please

All the rock in this tank came from IMO the best lfs in the uk. It was in there vat for 8 weeks, mine for a further 4, then into the main tank. Must be pretty live as I have had no spike in anything in all the time it's been in there. I even bought new tests as I didn't belive it myself.

I still have some rock left, stu has 1st dibs on what he wants

Because its white and doesent look like it has any life on it...im not the most experienced Marine guy but the stuff i used to get from Taunton Aquarium Centre was always purple and covered in Zoas.

well this was from taunton too.

mark supplied me with 40kg,i hand picked each bit myself. so you live pretty close to me then if you visit TAC?

virtualy all Lr bought from any shop has been sat under light so it gains its colour.Lr doesnt need light to remain "live" it just needs flow and a decent temp.

Yeh i live in Taunton...been using Marks shop for years :)

Hope you don't think i was sounding rude...i'm not particularly very clued up as far as Marine goes... i had a 30 gallon nano for about a year but gave up because it was costing alot.

Yeh i live in Taunton...been using Marks shop for years :)

Hope you don't think i was sounding rude...i'm not particularly very clued up as far as Marine goes... i had a 30 gallon nano for about a year but gave up because it was costing alot.

of coarse i dont think your being rude mate.

i travel to tac 2 times a month,especialy on payday,lol

im finding the running cost no different from my freashwater setup,i must admit that the equipment was a huuuuge amount of money,but now its plain sailing. i personaly think its just as easy to keep marines having done both. the only difference in costing for me is buying salt and the slight rise in the leccy bill (and i mean slight)

I found it pretty easy to for a long time...then i kept having mystery deaths and got disheartened so went back to keeping Cichlids.

I was planning on setting up another small nano for a strawberry dottyback for my girlfriend tho :p....i had one before and she misses it.

here is piccys of the twin sumps

the uv pump is no longer there,i have t'd the flow from the return pump

any comments?

P1000713.jpg

P1000714.jpg

P1000715.jpg

Oh wow, looks amazing and you rival BigC for neatness :lol: how is it working out having that config?

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back