My Journal - 400L Juwel Rio Marine Conversion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Looks really good mate, bet your well chuffed with it? Where are the cool sump pics?

Mike

Looks really good mate, bet your well chuffed with it? Where are the cool sump pics?

Mike

they will follow soon mate :good:

there currently being water tested for leak before they go in the cabinet.

im feeding the sump via a tunze overflow into sump 1. in that sump will be a mechanical filter sock,my mce600 skimmer and a FR509 deltec phos reactor,this has a 2" flow pipe to sump 2 in the other cabinet

sump 2 will have a DSB,cheato etc etc(aint decided yet),heater and a eheim compact 2000 returning it back to the tank.

How much live rock have you got Mark?

Looking at your tank and the great lighting is making me want to put my hand in my pocket and buy those extra lights

Seffie x

How much live rock have you got Mark?

Looking at your tank and the great lighting is making me want to put my hand in my pocket and buy those extra lights

Seffie x

hi seffie

i have about 45-50kg in there,that is a guess,but its definatly over 40kg ( i have about 40kg left im trying to sell,lol)

in the piccys the tank has only 1 juwel bar on it (2 marine whites) the other bar (2 blues) is going on when i can move the skimmer down to the sump :good:

i dont realy like the koralia powerhead where it is (top left) but i get a good allround flow around the tank with it where it is. I am selling it though to buy a smaller tunze,that has the same flow rate.

hi seffie

i have about 45-50kg in there,that is a guess,but its definatly over 40kg ( i have about 40kg left im trying to sell,lol)

in the piccys the tank has only 1 juwel bar on it (2 marine whites) the other bar (2 blues) is going on when i can move the skimmer down to the sump :good:

Must be the blue background making it look brighter :good:

Do you always buy more than you need :p first the skimmers, now the rock :lol:

Seffie x

really nice tank im wanting to do a 400l set up one day. piccies of sump plz when its ready!

Hi there, the tank is looking great!! I have the same tank and was wondering where you got the led light from and our they effective?

Thanks phil

Hi there, the tank is looking great!! I have the same tank and was wondering where you got the led light from and our they effective?

Thanks phil

hi all

i havent been on for a while.

i will post some more piccys up asap,sumps are now running,even though 1 has a tiny crack!!

pushing my luck though still running it,but until i get the replacement i am keeping a keen eye on it,lol

Nice to see you back Mark, looking forward to the update :good:

blooming heck though, watch that sump like a hawk (fish) :lol:

Seffie x

hi everyone

new photos!!

this time of the livestock i have

any comments would be great

IMGP0560.jpg

IMGP0561.jpg

IMGP0562.jpg

IMGP0564.jpg

IMGP0566.jpg

IMGP0568.jpg

IMGP0569.jpg

IMGP0574.jpg

IMGP0575.jpg

IMGP0576.jpg

IMGP0577.jpg

IMGP0580.jpg

IMGP0581.jpg

IMGP0582.jpg

IMGP0583.jpg

IMGP0583.jpg

IMGP0579.jpg

what an amazing tank!

i would love to do something like this, but its just so expensive :(

do you still have live rock to sell?

The live rock you have looks more like reef bones and not so live :S

Looks good...are you going to stack any higher?

The live rock you have looks more like reef bones and not so live :S

Looks good...are you going to stack any higher?

why do you say that? Please explain your reason please

All the rock in this tank came from IMO the best lfs in the uk. It was in there vat for 8 weeks, mine for a further 4, then into the main tank. Must be pretty live as I have had no spike in anything in all the time it's been in there. I even bought new tests as I didn't belive it myself.

I still have some rock left, stu has 1st dibs on what he wants

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back