Reaction score
My poor guppy!

Tank size: 23 L (6 u.s Gal)

pH: 7.5

ammonia: 0ppm

nitrite: 0.25ppm

nitrate: 0ppm

tank temp: 26C

Fish Symptoms: is able to swim but seems to.be under a lot if stress when doing so, it is often fighting to swim in the middle of the tank or wriggling its way across the bottom, also when it 1st arrived it was bright and full if colour where as now its colours are very dull......

Volume and Frequency of water changes: around 15% to 20% weekly

Tank inhabitants: 5 galaxy rasboras and a few shrimp

how is the water current? Sounds like their behaviour when the flow is too strong.
xxx

The other dish seem to.be fine however I've thought this myself lately but how could I reduce this as its on the lowest setting should I fill the water level a little higher as I have a fluval edge and the filter is an o inflow system

point the outlet so that it is aimed at the glass, it breaks up the flow like you wouldn't believe. You still get the filtration and oxygenation, but a lot less current. Can you move your outlet to point at the glass at all?
xxx

right, ignore that i've just seen what your tank looks like on the internet. Maybe move something like plants or ornaments so that it breaks up the flow when it falls back into the tank. Basically, anything to slow down or break up the stream of water should do it. Also, make sure that there's plenty of places like caves or plant pots where they can be protected from the flow. He may well take up residence where he's not always fighting.
xxx

No the direction of the outlet can't be altered I think filling the tank up slightly higher so there is less distance from the overflow to the water should help

Could you not simply reposition something in your tank to provide shelter?

That's really strange, it's as if the guppy is swimming against a current. But you say you've reduced the flow... :unsure:

Yeah there is next to no movement in the tank, I could get a video of the overflow system too if you like as I'm really curious and want to ensure the poor guys ok

Most reactions

Back