My hobby...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

How do you preserve the eyes of say an iguana or a chicken?

Where do you buy “fake eyes”?

How do you close up the iguana after filling with wax? Do you have to gut the legs too?

I dont believe you can turn it off. Just dont click on it.

Where do you buy “fake eyes”?
It’s a teddy bear’s eyes

How do you close up the iguana after filling with wax? Do you have to gut the legs too?
I didn’t use wax for an iguana, I use styrofoam that cut into an iguana belly shaped
46E05ACE-79F8-4DB6-B731-6A196ACF8E40.jpeg

You could also use wax method and styrofoam method with shrimp molted exoskeleton and sea horses. These are the shrimp exoskeleton I’ve found in seafood restaurant

@NCaquatics I hope you don’t mind me tagging you to this thread cause I wanted you to see my shrimp

A2417683-0169-43D9-8263-75181C28F58F.jpeg
14E2A843-2B30-4F0E-8777-232CDC9CA6F8.jpeg
2A95B167-6B6B-4E7A-9156-FBDBAD4213D0.jpeg

Those are cool! Taxidermy is one of them things that treads funny on some people.
I have family who are hunters, ive seen it all. The seafood idea is really neat though and nicely done.

Last edited:
Fun fact!
Flesh eating beetles (aka meal worms) are commonly used to destroyed the corpse of the dead animal and fishes, they also have an ability to eat plastic bag and styrofoam without any harm,
what do you guys think? I got this dead knife fish from my LFS btw.
@Colin_T @PheonixKingZ @Fishmanic

It only took 1 hour for them to eat all of the flesh, amazing huh?
3632BAEA-8225-4F32-AE3D-1AF1114755E8.jpeg

You got all squeamish over sleeping with the fish but you do stuff like this :)

The mealworms eating things reminds me of a meeting at fish club many years ago. We had a farmer come in and talk about using worms to make compost. He had a pig farm and used the worms to convert the pig waste and dead pigs into compost, which was then bagged up and sold at nurseries/ garden centres. He went on to say that each row of worms at his property, can dispose of an entire adult bore (around 100kg in weight) in 24 hours. Needless to say, there were a few comments about disposing of other types of bodies at is property. :)

The mealworms eating things reminds me of a meeting at fish club many years ago. We had a farmer come in and talk about using worms to make compost. He had a pig farm and used the worms to convert the pig waste and dead pigs into compost, which was then bagged up and sold at nurseries/ garden centres. He went on to say that each row of worms at his property, can dispose of an entire adult bore (around 100kg in weight) in 24 hours. Needless to say, there were a few comments about disposing of other types of bodies at is property. :)
Yep, I also seen university student do plastination and stuffed human and I'm not scared any of it, but I'm scared of "sleeping with fishes"
plastination V

This is pretty cool! I like the lobster and the shrimp. Those look really good.

Body disposal?
Something fishy going on with that club of yours :shifty:

Most reactions

trending

Back