My guppy has a hump on his back

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilylite

Reaction score
My guppy who's a males seems to be getting worse every day, and I think he's in pain. I noticed he had a hump on his back and I thought it was nothing at first and then a month later I couldn't find him in my 4 gallon tank. I finally found him under a rock but he couldn't swim up. I moved him out of that tank and into a nursery tank. He seemed to be fine for a day or two and today I woke up and noticed that the hump on his back is getting bigger and it looked like it was weighing him down. I think he's in pain and I want to help him. Any suggestions?

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 15418668471941778118958.jpg
    15418668471941778118958.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 402
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

can you post a better picture?

Have the tank light and room lights on, and open the curtains to let as much light into the room. Use the flash on the camera and then click away. Take a number of pics and put them on your pc, look at them and pick out 1 or 2 that clearly show the issue. Then post them here. :)

----------------------
How long has the tank been set up?
How long have you had the fish for?
What other fishes are in the tank?

How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before it is added to the tank?
Do you use clean "Fish Only" buckets for the fish or do you use any bucket in the house?

Have the tank light and room lights on, and open the curtains to let as much light into the room. Use the flash on the camera and then click away. Take a number of pics and put them on your pc, look at them and pick out 1 or 2 that clearly show the issue. Then post them here. :)

----------------------

Do you use clean "Fish Only" buckets for the fish or do you use any bucket in the house?

Hi, thanks for replying. This little guy passed away an hour ago, and im heartbroke.

----------------------

Heres a pic of the tank I had him in before I removed him.

Attachments

• IMG_20181104_110812.jpg
    IMG_20181104_110812.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 314
sorry to hear he didn't make it. :(

Guppies are prone to numerous health issues, some of which can be treated but others can't. Bent backs and lumps growing out of the body are usually incurable. If you ever get more fish that appear unwell, post a picture and start a thread asap. The sooner we look into the issue, the more chance of helping the fish :)

Was it a lump on his back or more of a hump in his spine?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back