My guppy fry has a big tummy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Datsillylilfishy

Reaction score
Can someone please help me, one of my guppies gave birth. I didnā€™t see when but it was maybe around three weeks ago when I found them. I found four of them and put them in a beading trap (because I have had a fish who I did the same thing with, I put him in the breeding trap and he did well so I did it again) and they have been there for a few weeks. later on I started to realize that they had a bit of a big tummy, it wasnā€™t just one it was all of them. It is not their sac, I know that because it is not yellow, it is the colour of their skin. I donā€™t know what is going on. I Can show a picture, but they just eat maybe four hours ago so it might look a little bit bigger but not too much more than they normally look like. Please help me. Thank you šŸ˜Š

thes is a video of them you can put this on mute because the music is loud and I didnā€™t say anything

I have had guppies and other fish in the past but mainly guppie. I have been taking care of fish before. It has been around half a year now since I got back into it. (These fish I have only had for around three months, give or take) Thank you for your help. Have a great day.

Can someone please help me, one of my guppies gave birth. I didnā€™t see when but it was maybe around three weeks ago when I found them. I found four of them and put them in a beading trap (because I have had a fish who I did the same thing with, I put him in the breeding trap and he did well so I did it again) and they have been there for a few weeks. later on I started to realize that they had a bit of a big tummy, it wasnā€™t just one it was all of them. It is not their sac, I know that because it is not yellow, it is the colour of their skin. I donā€™t know what is going on. I Can show a picture, but they just eat maybe four hours ago so it might look a little bit bigger but not too much more than they normally look like. Please help me. Thank you šŸ˜Š

thes is a video of them you can put this on mute because the music is loud and I didnā€™t say anything

I have had guppies and other fish in the past but mainly guppie. I have been taking care of fish before. It has been around half a year now since I got back into it. (These fish I have only had for around three months, give or take) Thank you for your help. Have a great day.
There is no video, if you try to upload a video use youtube, because otherwise it won't work.

Maybe they're just well fed...

Ok thank you, I havenā€™t fed them yet and I think there stomach is going down. I wonā€™t fed them this much again
Baby fish should be fed lots and regularly throughout the day (feed them 3-5 times a day). They should look like pregnant guppies after feeding.

Remove uneaten food after feeding. And do lots of big water changes and gravel cleaning to keep the tank clean.

Baby fish have a high metabolism and need lots of food to grow. If they don't get enough food, they don't grow very quickly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back