My gourami is worse

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

leah9798

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I had posted about my gourami having a sore on him where the skin meets the dorsal fin. Well now it looks like there is a white spot, I'm thinking pus it doesn't really look like ich but I guess it could be. So, being I don't really have the money to set up a hospital tank to treat him I was wondering if I could buy a little 5 gallon and use an airater instead of a filter. I know its been recommended to me to use a filter but is it absolutely necessary? I could put some gravel and the water from my big tank in there. I don't know if he has a wound or ich or a parasite. I don't know how to help this fish. If I had the money I would have seperated him by now but I have been spending so much getting my other tank going and I dont want to treat my big tank. Thanks!

In a 5 gallon tank I think it would be best to have the filter. With a gourami in a non-filtered tank it could get worse because the water would get dirtier than with the filter.

if you're treating your gourami it would be best to have a filter without carbon. i'd suggest a sponge filter at the very least just to remove some of the large debris. as sneakbetta said, without a filter the water quality will become really poor and possibly cause more damage. lots of attention and water changes might help, along with the sponge filter. good luck and let us know how it goes.

Most reactions

Back