My Gn Is Dead!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

plecostomus-mad

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i just got home and couldnt see my gn anywhere, i looked around the tank and she was under a plastic pipe i put in there as a cave. now i dont know if she got stuck or she was beaten up by my bn. i got her out and her she looks very pale in places but not in others. nothing else, she was a very health active fish. water is perfect.

its a very sad day, such a beautiful fish gone forever.i only have 4 pics of her too :-( f*ck sake!!

Commiserations my friend. Nothing more gutting... :(

What you gonna get next? :/
thank you. i put her in a container to have a better look at her and her dorsal fin is ripped to shreds. my Bn must have killed her.they have been fighting for a week at least. i was moving her into her own tank but i guess i didnt do it in time.

what to get next? somthing my bn wont attack. i will probably get some discus or cichlids, some upsidedown catfish, might even get a male bn to show the female bn who's boss!

i'm sorry mate. it's sad when something like that happens but hang in there
thanks bud, im trying but she was my center piece fish, the most colorful and hard to get hold of in these parts.her personality was wonderful, so timid yet came out to say hello when ever i was near the tank, she never kicked up a fuss with any tank mates. a wonderful pleco that will be greatly missed.

Sorry for the loss.
But be careful if you go the discus route the upside down cats and peppered cories might not take the temperature well.

Sorry for the loss.
But be careful if you go the discus route the upside down cats and peppered cories might not take the temperature well.
im not totally sure what i will be getting. but i will research first and temps will make a difference in my choices :)

You say you were moving her to another tank? Was this what you planned to do or had you done it?

How long had you had her?

GN's are notoriously fragile at first and really can't be classed as truly settled for several months.

You say you were moving her to another tank? Was this what you planned to do or had you done it?

How long had you had her?

GN's are notoriously fragile at first and really can't be classed as truly settled for several months.
ive had her since december, she seemed settled in. the bn had been picking on her recently so i decided on moving her to her own tank until i get the 5ft on order. i didnt move her, was going to when i finished setting up the smaller tank for her( diy background etc )i just wish id put all that on hold and moved her over.

wow, thats rough man, i hope you have better luck with whatever you get to replace the GN

I am so sorry to read about your gn, they are an absolutely gorgous fish! Always fancied one myself but just not really got a tank suitable for one. Its really hard when you loose a special fish, I have had a devistating week with loosing 7 out of my 15 frontosa! made me want to jack it all in (for about an hour anyway)

Aw, sorry to hear. :( My cory that I just got yesterday jumped out of the tank, and I found her dead. The store is too far away to go back and exchange/get a new one.

I feel your pain! (Only it would be worse to have a gn dying....)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back