My glo shark has a big belly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Grapcy72

Reaction score
Hi!
I noticed coming home that my glo shark had a big belly , this shocked me and made me concerned if anyone has any idea please let me know

Attachments

• A4AC7F39-51A3-481F-98AB-889288D5A302.jpeg
    A4AC7F39-51A3-481F-98AB-889288D5A302.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 91
  • F974C7B2-8517-41CD-9AA6-E836C3678E57.jpeg
    F974C7B2-8517-41CD-9AA6-E836C3678E57.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 799388F0-A385-483E-A020-5BA0AFB0CD0F.jpeg
    799388F0-A385-483E-A020-5BA0AFB0CD0F.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 74
Hi!
I noticed coming home that my glo shark had a big belly , this shocked me and made me concerned if anyone has any idea please let me know
Hello, I have some questions for you.

1- what is your tank size
2-what is the exact fish species
3- what are your tank parameters
4- do you have any tank mates for it
5- is it a male or a female
6- was your tank PROPERLY cycled

Hello, I have some questions for you.

1- what is your tank size
2-what is the exact fish species
3- what are your tank parameters
4- do you have any tank mates for it
5- is it a male or a female
6- was your tank PROPERLY cycled
10 gallon tank , I only know it’s electric blue glo shark , there are glo tetras and netrite snails , I don’t know if it’s male or female and yes I do 25% water changes weekly , tested the water it was in the correct zones and I vacuum the poop out, change filters

10 gallon tank , I only know it’s electric blue glo shark , there are glo tetras and netrite snails , I don’t know if it’s male or female and yes I do 25% water changes weekly , tested the water it was in the correct zones and I vacuum the poop out, clean filters
What do you use to test the water? By "glo tetras" what species is it? I'm going to guess phantom?

I used tetra easy strips to test water , and Petco didn’t tell me any of that information :( I just know they are short fined

Ok! The type of fish you have is a shark minnow aka rainbow shark... I'm thinking your fish is either pregnant (if a girl) or has a disease known as dropsy... Also, you NEED a bigger tank... 40 gallons MINIMUM due to the tetras being with them... As they get bigger you'll need an upgrade.

I used tetra easy strips to test water , and Petco didn’t tell me any of that information :( I just know they are short fined
Ok, first... Sorry to say, dont trust anyone from big chain pet stores when it comes to fish... 2nd you need the API LIQUID test kit. It is way more accurate

Also, have you done or even heard of cycling an aquarium?

Ok, first... Sorry to say, dont trust anyone from big chain pet stores when it comes to fish... 2nd you need the API LIQUID test kit. It is way more accurate
Thank you , I’m going to continue to monitor I wish I knew if it was a male or female

It’s been a little over a month
😬... Your fish has dropsy. Ok, so are any of your other fish acting strange? Here's what I want you to do right now if possible, change out 50% of the water and make sure to dechorinate the water...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back