my future pond

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GuppyBreeder180604

Fishaholic
Reaction score
repost from tropical discussion (I think I should have posted it here first)
Hello, again friends. Today I want to hear (or rather read) your opinions on an idea I have.
I currently have a 55-gallon pond with 1 tilapia, 1 goodea atripinnis, and 1 red ear turtle I know it is small for everyone except the goodea and I will make it bigger as soon as I have the money, I will make it a 423-530gallon pond with a max depth of 1.50 meters, a with of 80-90 cm and a length of 2.5 meters, it will have sand and rocks, logs, caves, and some plants, the container I used for my current pond I would convert it into a "farm" for dwarf crayfish and baitfish (a local baitfish species called Chirostoma chapalae), the goodea would be relocated to avoid it being food because, and here is the main question, I would like to also add another large tilapia, a black bass a channel catfish and a warmouth/green sunfish, maybe a perch or other cool predatory/trophy fish. Some of you had told me the black bass and turtle would live together fine in the new pond but I would like to know about the catfish, a pair of large tilapias since I already have one of them, and the warmouth/green sunfish or other fish. Do you think this would work? what fish would you recommend? would the tilapia be in danger?.
Thanks in advance!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back