My Fishroom Make-Over

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
When I moved house... I found this shed (or whatever it was used for by the previous owner) in the corner of the garden and... as it turned out... my stands and tanks just happened to fit precisely into it... it was already electrically wired... so it was ideal except that it was not insulated and a heater in every tank was essential to maintain a reasonable water temperature.... (esp. in the Northern Cape winters where I got spoilt by the Limpopo winters where no heating was required).......

Right..... so... I got rid of most of the fish and temporarily cramped the rest into 5 outside ponds with 4,000w heaters in each at astronomical power bills, whilst the fishroom upgrading to central heating is in progress.... I should be ready to move in during the next 2 weeks....

Before photo from the door angle....

After photo from the door angle

Before Photo towards the door angle:

After Photo... Towards the door...

Folks with a fishroom have nothing on you. You have a fish house.
good.gif

Excellent!

Really wish could have one of these :lol:

Eagerly look forward to seeing how you get on with this 
good.gif

I suspect that my other half will continue to insist that the outbuilding we're yet to convert will indeed be mainly a garage. I suppose we have to put the cars somewhere. I'll be pushing for a good corner of space though.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your project LV.

Looking good.  Maybe you should have added insulation board to the walls to cut down on heating bills.  How big is that building?

That looks awesome!

I'm not at all jealous...I'm not even close to looking up where that shed is on google maps and sending a military drone there...no way! 
tongue2.gif

Awesome paint job!

Maybe I should fly you out here to make a fish house out of some dilapidated sheds in my backyard.

Heating will be by wall mounted panel heater with temp control.... I have double layer insulation in the ceiling..... Where I live now, we sometimes hit up to minus 4 degrees C at night in midwinter... so Heating is essential.....

I initially considered doing wall to wall carpeting, but... just in case a tank springs a leak... I have now opted to do Tiles on the floor instead... This may take a week or so longer before I move in, but... rather safe than sorry....

So!!!... the next space to watch.... here is the before pic of the cement brick laid out floor...

Just an update with the floor progress.... from more or less the same angle..... (Grouting and edging will start tomorrow)

Before....

Current....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back