My Fishes Are Acting Weird On My Tank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

B.R.Right

Reaction score
Hi guys hope you can help me about my problems on my tank.

Some of my fishes are acting weird, they keep rubbing or scratching their body onto the rocks or anything inside my tank.

And some died 4-5 days after i put them into my tank.

And I will add some pictures of my corals, some part of their body I think is dying to... :sad:

Additional:

Sometimes they stay on top of the tank, and sometimes in front of the return pump...

Sounds like parasites on the fish, corals, not sure... How about a lot of details on your tank?

Sounds like parasites on the fish, corals, not sure... How about a lot of details on your tank?

parasites? where this parasites comes from? is it possible from the water? :sad:

i will post pictures tonight for more details...

classic ich? all they are new fish? tangs?(or) are they all doing it? (rubbing?) get them all from the same spot?
Ter

classic ich? all they are new fish? tangs?(or) are they all doing it? (rubbing?) get them all from the same spot?
Ter

yes, most of them doing it (rubbing)... specially the (2) Humu Humu Trigger Fish.

Yep sounds like the fish have ich.

Some stats on your tank would help. Things like size, stocking list, lighting, water stats, etc to see if there are any problems there.

Yep sounds like the fish have ich.

Some stats on your tank would help. Things like size, stocking list, lighting, water stats, etc to see if there are any problems there.

What is for the water stats? I only have a hydrometer. :shifty:

Other stats will follow. My tank is 50US gallon.

I will add some picture too later so that you can see.

It would be worth getting test kits for Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate to test if there are any problems there. How long has the tank been running?

Ok I will buy tests kits for that.

Sorry I don't remember when the tank started running, but I think more than a month or 1 month and two weeks. Something like that.

Sorry I don't remember when the tank started running, but I think more than a month or 1 month and two weeks. Something like that.

well that could be the issue, a little too immature to for those species and amount of fish.... Saltwater takes a little more time to set-up then fresh... so patience is the biggest key...

Also, quarentining all fish and corals before entering into the main display is a very good idea... this is necessary IMO for both salt and fresh with new specimens, unless the specimen is coming from a well known, and trusted fish keeper that is sure to not have any disease or parasites in their tank...

If its ich, you will see white spots on the fish... if no white spots then possibly some other sickness, but it could be just from the tank being so immature...

Ox :good:

Yup that sounds like a pretty stressful environment. New tank with fish that are recommended for a larger tank makes for a good cryptocaryon breeding ground.

well that could be the issue, a little too immature to for those species and amount of fish.... Saltwater takes a little more time to set-up then fresh... so patience is the biggest key...

Also, quarentining all fish and corals before entering into the main display is a very good idea... this is necessary IMO for both salt and fresh with new specimens, unless the specimen is coming from a well known, and trusted fish keeper that is sure to not have any disease or parasites in their tank...

If its ich, you will see white spots on the fish... if no white spots then possibly some other sickness, but it could be just from the tank being so immature...

Ox :good:

Even from a reputable source id still quarantine, that tank may have disease in it, but the fishes immune system could be strong enough to not make it visible or anything, or the fish in that tank may have an immunity to that disease but your fish don't etc etc.

How will I quarantine it?

Here are the pictures of my dying coral, I forgot what is the name of this but some kind of bubble tip...

1.jpg

2.jpg

That's a long tentacled plate coral, or at least what's left of one. A difficult coral to kill... Somethin's not quite right if that coral is dying. Typical problems would be with salinity, lighting, flowrate, or other chemistry problems. Looks like it's time to take a step back and figure out what's goin on with your tank

tell us all the main parameters, what fish, etc.

No offense but considering the nature of your responses i'm guessing your new at this and don't know too much about general fishkeeping, its a good start that your taking the time to learn, but i'd slow it down a bit, don't add anymore corals or fish until you know what you are doing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back