My Fish...some Of Them Be Round!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
great discus.....are you by any chance a member of simply discus because i think i saw those pics there...i myself am saving for a 120 gallon discus tank imagine 12 discus(my lifelong dream).
shahrez

i want your rams! i WANT THEM!

puts my he/she to shame :( poor hormone bred Ram i have ;(

very stunning fish though!

Maybe keeping him in a bigger tank with some other Rams will brighten him up.

Anymore recent pics Jim?

its him in a 20 gallon with 5 rummy noses, i am looking to buy a female for him as his previous partner didn't make it. My ram has been alive now for a good 7 months and i hope he stays that way; problem is feeding him :( he only eats bloodworms and the odd bit of shrimp and a bite of a little tablet before sending it all out of his gills. Suppose its character :lol: he also seems to dislike garlic :blink::blink: :shout:

i want your rams! i WANT THEM!

puts my he/she to shame :( poor hormone bred Ram i have ;(

very stunning fish though!

Maybe keeping him in a bigger tank with some other Rams will brighten him up.

Anymore recent pics Jim?

its him in a 20 gallon with 5 rummy noses, i am looking to buy a female for him as his previous partner didn't make it. My ram has been alive now for a good 7 months and i hope he stays that way; problem is feeding him :( he only eats bloodworms and the odd bit of shrimp and a bite of a little tablet before sending it all out of his gills. Suppose its character :lol: he also seems to dislike garlic :blink::blink: :shout:

Sometimes it can be hard switching fish on to new foods. Try offering him new food in the morning. If you leave the fish to get hungry for a few days it may help too. It can be really hard work switching fish off of blood worms. tablet? If he is sending it out his gills it means the piece he ate was too big :lol:

Good luck with him though and the female.

Rams are difficult to photograph. I took a few new ones today. I got a new background for the tank. Some of these are not the best quality since the inside of my tank glass was a bit dirty.

IMGP2873.jpg

IMGP2897.jpg

IMGP2834.jpg

IMGP2861.jpg

IMGP2900.jpg

IMGP2857.jpg

IMGP2844.jpg

Some full tank shots. With some bonus discus fighting going on and a weird lighting effect since now is the time when the sun sets through my kitchen window and just hits the edge of my tank.

IMGP2905.jpg

IMGP2907.jpg

IMGP2908.jpg

Stunning tank and fish :good: :drool:
What's the tanks volume, filtration, and your WC regime like?
cheers

You still got that super color hue? Did it color up any?

Yea, hes my runt of the tank. Color still looks nothing like the pic on the website. He tends to hide out behind the driftwood.

Tank is around 50 gallons. Just two HOB filters now. I had a Magnum canister filter but it was too much work to maintain so I got rid of it. I change the water once or twice a week now that the fish are older and I only feed 2 or 3 times a day.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back