My Fish Room

cooledwhip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My fish room. Nothing else needs to be said. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52SH1my5Lo

:)

Hope you enjoy

only thing I personally disliked, is the water color. im not one for non clear water, with clear water it just helps me see stuff possibly wrong with the aquarium. such as floating things (im sure you can still see that) tiny little parasite things lol and other junk like that

BettaBettas said:
only thing I personally disliked, is the water color. im not one for non clear water, with clear water it just helps me see stuff possibly wrong with the aquarium. such as floating things (im sure you can still see that) tiny little parasite things lol and other junk like 
so it deserved a 1 star rating yeah? haha

im not fixated too much on the color of my water though as long as I can see the opposite side of the tank, and the fish.

I also only managed to get one fry from my Molly. Strange, as she was the only one in the tank with lots of plants..

I normally have up to 8 IAL in various stages of decomposition in my tanks, My Kuhli loaches and shrimp love them, they use them as food and hiding places.

I don't think I'd ever have a non blackwater tank again. At first I didn't think I liked it....but when I tore a tank down to redo the substrate and get rid of pond snails, the water cleared up. I couldn't stand seeing it that way! Thankfully it didn't take long to get the color back. It's just so more natural and the fish love it. And they look way better too. And it's still clear water. It's just tinted. Also, give cooledwhip some credit. None of these were display tanks and weren't meant to be. These are for the fish to make them happy enough to breed.

John, where did you get that big bag full of Indian Almond Leaf.

NickAu said:
I normally have up to 8 IAL in various stages of decomposition in my tanks, My Kuhli loaches and shrimp love them, they use them as food and hiding places.
+1 natural is best and the micro flora is great for fry and fish to feed on. I love IAL as they help create a natural environment and more.

NickAu said:
John, where did you get that big bag full of Indian Almond Leaf.
Funny story, I used to be a betta guy like 5 years ago. I had about 4 show grade bettas that I had imported from aquabid and of course, I wanted almond leaves for them. I went on ebay of all places and ordered two large bags, it was like 200 leaves, and I believe they were A grade as well. (if you know the grading system, it basically means not torn and in good condition) it also came with a seed to grow my own indian almond tree. The seed never sprouted but now that I have more knowledge with terrestrial plants I will go and purchase another seed so I can try to grow them myself. That would be cool.

I paid I think $20 for 200 leaves, or maybe $30 I don't remember. Ebay has lots of lots of almond leaves though.

NickAu said:
I love black water tanks.
My wife hates them...I mean hates them...but I love them. I think there is something very unique and natural about them. I also respect the effort it takes to have one and do it right. 

Chad said:

I love black water tanks.
My wife hates them...I mean hates them...but I love them. I think there is something very unique and natural about them. I also respect the effort it takes to have one and do it right. 

Yeah I have seen so many gorgeous and simple black water tanks. Just some driftwood, sand and some leaf litter. 

It's so natural to me. but my wife doesn't like natural. She likes trimmed and clean. 

I like natural looks as well, but I like the water clear and by natural looks I meant, like the design and scape.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back