My fish are behaving strangly?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Zenn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok this is the download, recently my fish seem to want feeding every minute, typical i know, but when i do feed them they seem to gather in one huge group, and it dont stop there, they then fight over feeding spots even though they are in a group, and to round it off, they always feed around my new Pleco, and i think he keep covering large amounts of food with his belly, because they nip at him to try and move him...

I am glad he is very peaceful because i would dred to see the scene if he was to turn around and attack them like CAE...

Why do you think they are acting like this?

:dunno:

Typical Flake food and it seems to be my swordtails and my platy... the neons just seem to chase one another around the tank..?

If the plec is covering the food up at the bottom, then you're overfeeding and not feeding it the right types of food.

As for these fish gathering for the food, that's common behavior once the fish get used to you feeding them. The fights are natural, but make sure it doesn't get serious (it shouldn't they're all peaceful fish).

Ok thanks, but i aint too sure on what else to feed them, my mum keeps saying we should give them some lettace, i would get some blood worm, but i dont know how to keep them and plus i have to travel a fair odd way to get some...

:(

There's a ton of info on how to prepare vegetables for them.

You could feed it cucumbers (w/o seeds and skin) for now. Their staple food should actually be algae discks, IMO. You should also get shrimp pellets and perhaps grow your own algae on rocks.

As for the bloodworms, you'd pollute the tank just getting the bloodworms to the plec. You're better off feeding them to the other fish (frozen is easier to get, though not cheaper).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back