My Fish Are Attacking Each Other

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Djs7137

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey I have had 5 blood fin tetras and 4 cory cats for 2 years now and never had a problem.....now all of a sudden they are attacking each other and looked stressed. WHY in the world are they attacking each other ??? anything i can do for them to make them stop ?

Hey I have had 5 blood fin tetras and 4 cory cats for 2 years now and never had a problem.....now all of a sudden they are attacking each other and looked stressed. WHY in the world are they attacking each other ??? anything i can do for them to make them stop ?
have you done anything out of the ordinary in the last week or so?

what are your water readings ect?
ph?

are they darting around?
check for parasites.
keep your eye on everything.

phontom problems like this dont go away on there own.

The only thing I have done in the last week was use Pimafix because one of my bloodfins started to develop mouth fungus. But I have done a 25% water change and they are still attacking each other. my Alkalinity is high and my PH is a little high but they have always been like that. I really have no idea and they wont stop its been 2 days now.

Please do a huge water change as soon as you're able. Then check your ammonia and nitrite levels.

Is it possible somebody laid eggs and is now protecting them?

Alright im going to do a little more than a 50% water change and I will let everyone know what the deal is after

Best to test the water BEFORE a water change. This will allow you to know what the levels are or were before the change that may have been contributing to problems.
Matter's little what the readings are AFTER but water change is always a good idea when fishes seem off.
Fishes could be spawning and so long as fins were not being torn or fishes were dying outright,I would not be too worried were it me.
Tetr'as don't gaurd eggs they simply scatter them among plant's and will turn around and eat them as well if they happen across them .
If your tank is large enough,,you could try adding another four or five or six more Bloodfins.
this should help any one or two fish from being singled out for chasing ,nipping.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back