FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

betta_luvr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Picture006.jpg
Picture008.jpg

Any help is much appreciated. [:

What sort of advice are you looking for?

If i were you with that tank id still get a low flowing filter as i cant see the under gravel one being the best tbh,

tank looks nice though!

On mine il be changing the bulb in the light to a white style one as the lights a little yellow maybe you could do that & add a heater for the fish.

Well, I had one (suprise from my father) but I took it back to the LFS for it's own well-being. I don't know what kind of fish to get - they have 1 blue and 2 red at the LFS, not very exciting.

(General advice on how to make it better is what I was looking for, Jamie. [: So, thanks)

nice set up, be very careful with that ornament I had one similar and my betta was for ever investigating it, mine had a window they could swim through and he tore his fin so i threw the ornament out. yours might be ok though. :good:

tell you what does look good, have you got any small terrocatta plant pots? well scrubbed, stick a button over the drainage hole with aquarium glue and bury them in the gravel a bit. My bettas have them and they hide in them and then ambush you when you go past the tank. :good:

I might take that out and replace it with one of those rocks that has bigger holes. The ornament has a small "hole" for the fish to swim through, I don't want him to get stuck!

I might take that out and replace it with one of those rocks that has bigger holes. The ornament has a small "hole" for the fish to swim through, I don't want him to get stuck!

Looks very nice :good: :good:

On the subject of rocks etc.... a good rule is - if you can run a pair of tights over the ornament and they dont snag, they should be ok for a betta :good:

I've since cut the plant down, and planted the snippings, and moved the castle thing over to the other side. I think I need a few more plants in there. Maybe a Java Fern? any other low light suggestions?

Many thanks,
Adele.

looks nice to me :good:

indeed equipment can cost a lot....what I have been doing is trying to scrounge up all the free stuff I can get, Ive now got a 29 gallon, 10 gallon, 6 gallon, and 2 nearly 2 gallons and the only one I paid a dine for was the original 29 gallon. I am always on the hunt for more tanks, even if scratched or leaky, I will repair the seems and use for growout tanks. I have even got some of the heaters and filters for those tanks for free too.

This summer the dear husband and I are going to go yard saleing and see what we can find. in the us we have craigs list and other sites like freecycle, in other words it may take some time, but you can always eventualy find free stuff...enables me to buy REALLY nice fishys online...

I think a piece of bogwood covered with Java moss and Java ferns would look really nice. Both are suitable for low light ( you can attach the moss with a hairnet over the bogwood to keep it in place , and tie the fern on with fine fishing line )

I also think you have a little bit too much substrate in there. Is that an undergravel filter? I can't tell from the picture..

Well, I had one (suprise from my father) but I took it back to the LFS for it's own well-being.

Can i just say that this is probably the most responsible act I've seen :good: :nod: :nod:
Well done Betta_luvr, you deserve that name

I have an under-gravel filter.
I thought there was too much substrate in there too.
I bought a starter kit, and there wasn't enough gravel, so I got 1.5 litres of purple gravel and put about 0.75 litres of that in. I have pushed it to the sides lots to keep my plant well-under. But, I could take some out.

Thank you for the kind words Bronzecat. :good:

That's quite a home for your new betta! My only suggestion would be to plug up the hole in the ornament and only change the light if you want to as I find the regular bulbs give off a nice bit of heat to help keep the temp up for them. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back