My first snail!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PorshaF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome Apple, named by my six year old. It's our first snail actually!
Snapchat-474291235.jpg

I put a "wondershell" in the tank, I think it's just a cuttle bone shaped like a shell, is there one you use which you think is better?

I put a "wondershell" in the tank, I think it's just a cuttle bone shaped like a shell, is there one you use which you think is better?
just get normal cuttlebones, they might be cheaper.
it sure looks nice
what do you feed it?

I just got him today, but same as I feed the plecos- blanched zucchini, carrots, cucumber, I read spinach is another option for the snail, (we're a vegetarian household so we always have fresh produce anyway) already have spirulina and algae discs also, the cuttlebones are probably cheaper, I'll do that next time I'm out 😄 how long do you think I should leave the cuttle in there? Until its eaten or a should I remove and replace every so often?

Lfs told me it's just been eating biofilms but I want the snail to thrive so I'm investing as much as I can into its care- any advice is welcomed

I just got him today, but same as I feed the plecos- blanched zucchini, carrots, cucumber, I read spinach is another option for the snail, (we're a vegetarian household so we always have fresh produce anyway) already have spirulina and algae discs also, the cuttlebones are probably cheaper, I'll do that next time I'm out 😄 how long do you think I should leave the cuttle in there? Until its eaten or a should I remove and replace every so often?
keep it in there
my snails dont even touch it
put it in the filter
wash it normally
Lfs told me it's just been eating biofilms but I want the snail to thrive so I'm investing as much as I can into its care- any advice is welcomed
yes, feed it fresh blanched veggies
test what he likes
mine does not like zuchhini but they like bok choy (baby)
spinach
bok choy is really good and they like it a lot. give them the leaf not the fat part

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back