My first pleco!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
:wub: I think I am in love with one of the ugliest, most silly looking, shy fish in the entire world. :*) :lol: I've been looking for healty otos everywhere, and no luck, but I found a place that had in rubberlip ("bulldog") plecos!!! :hyper: Nowhere around here ever has plecs that stay small, so I was excited. I've always wanted one. So I got one... and he's wonderful! He's probably 2 - 2 1/2 inches right now, and the cutest thing ever... so ugly he's cute, really. :p He's doing a pretty decent job on some of the algae too - has taken care of the sides of the tank and the wide leaves and ornaments. I still need otos to clean up the little grooves, haha, but he's wonderful. Amazingly shy, but I like to sneak up on him when it's almost dark and find him out in the open.

Just had to share! :)

Rubberlip (Bulldog) Plecos are great plecs. They are daylight active and great algae eaters.

How big is the tank he is in? Just a thought as bulldogs love company so insntead of getting some otos you could maybe get another bulldog (a female maybe? :wub: )

Ben :)

:hyper: OOoooO a female. Now there's an idea. What are the gender differences? I think I remember reading that the males have longer pectoral fins.. or something. -_-

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back