My First Planted

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

have to say excellent photography and great fish. Still no photo of the boesemani? ill take some of mine tomos to show you
Regards jonny
Many thanks, I will try and get one of the Boesemani next time ;)

wow!!! i wish i was a fish and could live in ur fish tank :unsure:
Hehehe same here ;) always nice and clean, plenty of food and no work lol thanks :)

I dont want to take ya thread over but heres 1 of my boesemani
SG1L1924.jpg

and this is the same one during the course of the day
DSC_0116.jpg

Regards Jonny

Nice photos Jonny, the rainbow looks great ;) Thanks everyone for the replies.

Just a quick update with some photos, not a lot has changed, just letting things grow now and keeping the glosso trimmed and low, few photos for you to see whats going on so far.

pict0067jl2.jpg

pict0076wo7.jpg

pict0083dj1.jpg

pict0092ka1.jpg

The Staurogyne sp. is doing better now:
pict0151te3.jpg

So is the P. Helferi:
pict0155bd1.jpg

Close-up of the Fissidens Fontanus:
pict0164nu4.jpg

Hope you liked the photos and tank, critics and comments always welcomed.

Thanks for looking :)

That's actually pretty amazing. It has sooo much depth. :good:

there should be a bowing down smiley lol

WOW how amazing. im inspired i would love to create something like that. Gourgous.

That's actually pretty amazing. It has sooo much depth. :good:
there should be a bowing down smiley lol
Many thanks :) there are still a few things that I want to try, and this will always be an ongoing tank, no intention of stripping it all down and restart again ;)

WOW how amazing. im inspired i would love to create something like that. Gourgous.
Thanks, just takes a little be of pacience and creativity ;) if you provide the right environment to the plants then is just shapping things ;)

I have a few plants but im never too sure how to go about things, plus i have one plant that just seems to over take and grow like mad.

Working on my other half for another fish tank so i can have a go at something like that. Its so wonderful... Love to be able to do the moss wall, havent found anywhere near me that sells moss though. :unsure:

Forgot to add the list, sorry. Think I got all the plants there might have missed one or two!

Fauna:

10 x Harlequin rasbora
3 x Ottos
11 x Amano Shrimp
4 x Small Clown Loaches
6 x Corrydoras (3 especies)
3 x Rainbowfish (2 especies)
1 x Clown Pleco
1 x Betta Splender
2 x Platies (Male & Female)
Assorted Guppy/Endlers Mix

Flora:

Anubias barteri var. nana
Nymphaea lotus (zenkeri)
Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba''
Vallisneria americana 'Mini twister'
Riccia fluitans
Amazon Sword
Ludwigia repens ''Rubin''
Cabomba caroliniana
Cardamine lyrata

Thanks for the comment :)

Excellent. Look so brilliant. I have the same tank and yours like amazing. Is it alot more maintanace with the extra filter - I assume its an external canister and also the co2? I didnt have much success with plants - i used the standard unit but no co2.

I have a few plants but im never too sure how to go about things, plus i have one plant that just seems to over take and grow like mad.
Working on my other half for another fish tank so i can have a go at something like that. Its so wonderful... Love to be able to do the moss wall, havent found anywhere near me that sells moss though. :unsure:
Go for the moss wall, all you need is some good plastic mesh (ebay sells it if you want a link) and the mosses I sent you a PM regarding them ;)
Many thanks

really really nice tank m8 looks great
regards scoti :good:
Thanks Scott :)

Wow mate, exceptionally good tank! Bravo!
Many thanks :)

Excellent. Look so brilliant. I have the same tank and yours like amazing. Is it alot more maintanace with the extra filter - I assume its an external canister and also the co2? I didnt have much success with plants - i used the standard unit but no co2.
Extra filter doesn't give you much work, all you need is to rinse the sponges and media in a bucket once a month, not that much work really.
Standard rio you are looking at low demanding plants, and if I were you I would also upgrade the internal filter pump from a 600lph to the 1000lph, I did that and what an improvement. If you keep the standard setup invest in some TPN+ and EasyCarbo then you won't need CO2, with low demanding plants 5ml of each per day should last you a while if you buy 500ml bottles.
If you wanna do something like I am doing then you will need to upgrade the lights, add an extra couple of T5 tubes, pressurised CO2 and a good flow filter with at least 10X the tank capacity, if you don't wanna spend a lot on Eheim filter the Tetratec EX1200 or the Fluval 405 are a good bet. The Eheim 2224 I have is not powerfull enough reason I have a couple of poweheads in the tank to help flow.
Many thanks, if you need any help let me know.

How did i miss this thread :blink: I'd just like to say (as most people have said) Amazing tank! I would love to have a tank like that one day, and hopefully will :sly:

Keep us updated with the progress if anything changes. :good:

Oh whats the link because the other one i found for the mesh doesnt work. I'm getting a small new tank for my bedroom and hoping to re-do my 125 with a moss wall, and then get a 200L next and do the same thing again. YAY! :hyper: Might have to nick some ideas of yours.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back