🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

Hope you’re all well?!

My first lot of fry have been colouring for a couple weeks now but today their colours were bright and beautiful. These are 2 of my boys, the colours on my full body boy are just stunning, looks just like the dad.. a show off like him too. The other boy is starting to get a gorgeous blue body colouring around the tail. The girls have a lot of beautiful colouring on their tails.

Attachments

• BEDC2B87-E027-4CF2-A46E-1D1B768E1BB9.jpeg
    BEDC2B87-E027-4CF2-A46E-1D1B768E1BB9.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 174
  • F94E8D93-A9E1-4D6A-83A0-C7F5BBB94A34.jpeg
    F94E8D93-A9E1-4D6A-83A0-C7F5BBB94A34.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 184
  • ACFBB559-DA59-4980-89D8-EEFD6A41DD45.jpeg
    ACFBB559-DA59-4980-89D8-EEFD6A41DD45.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 190
  • B5B6D799-EC79-4DDB-9CD6-EE8FB36750EB.jpeg
    B5B6D799-EC79-4DDB-9CD6-EE8FB36750EB.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 171
I was told they were fancy from the breeder I got them off.
The body colours on the fish in the second photo I think might be Endler Livebearers colour markings. Since they can interbreed with guppies, you might have a mix of both even! But the lovely yellow male looks like a guppy, and they're all beautiful with great colours. But those body spots and stripes are very Endler like. Maybe @emeraldking would be able to ID them?

I have both plain feeder and fancy guppies in separate tanks but I have noticed some plain fry having nice looking tails and some fancy fry looking more like plain feeder guppies. None of the plain feeder fry have had the big bright tails of the fancy but some have nice looking tails.

The body colours on the fish in the second photo I think might be Endler Livebearers colour markings. Since they can interbreed with guppies, you might have a mix of both even! But the lovely yellow male looks like a guppy, and they're all beautiful with great colours. But those body spots and stripes are very Endler like. Maybe @emeraldking would be able to ID them?
Well, they all look like fancy guppies. No endler traits to be seen (not even when it comes to the pattern in the second picture)... :)
"Fancy guppies" is just a general name for all guppies that are aquarium strains. So, that could also be short tailed ones. The ones suitable for shows are just fancy guppies within the higher segment. But they're all fancies.

I do have an endler boy in the tank but he wasn’t in there when I got my first lot of fry but that isn’t to say that the breeder didn’t have endlers with them as well. This could of been the case or a generation thing. I will have endler guppies soon as my little guy is constantly loving the girls so there’s no doubt.
The yellow guy is one of my adult males that just got in the photo, he’s lovely too but yet to see any of his colours come out in any of the babies.

Lovely little ones! So fun watching them develop colour

I have enjoyed watching them grow and now their colours are coming out it’s so cute. It’s funny I have fry from other batches in there that are born with colour and then a lot with none just the plain silver colour.

the little one in the 2 picture is a splitting image of the dad markings, colours and all.

the little one in the 2 picture is a splitting image of the dad markings, colours and all.
I'd love to see the dad if you have a photo! They're really pretty, much better than the mutt guppies I've bred (I'm sorry little ones, I still love you)

Hi all

Hope you’re all well?!

My first lot of fry have been colouring for a couple weeks now but today their colours were bright and beautiful. These are 2 of my boys, the colours on my full body boy are just stunning, looks just like the dad.. a show off like him too. The other boy is starting to get a gorgeous blue body colouring around the tail. The girls have a lot of beautiful colouring on their tails.
What are the blue eyed fish in the second photo? They're pretty too, haven't seen those before I don't think. The blue eyes are striking.

What are the blue eyed fish in the second photo? They're pretty too, haven't seen those before I don't think. The blue eyes are striking.

those are pacific blue eyes. If I can get a cler photo I will to show you. They are so quick they blur the photos lol. They are a stunning fish part of the rainbow fish family

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back