My first lot of fry

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
One of my girls (I think swordtail) just had babies this morning. I have manage to save 4 of them

Attachments

• 9C715D6F-04C8-45D5-BD04-18D2E941D755.jpeg
    9C715D6F-04C8-45D5-BD04-18D2E941D755.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 101
:yahoo:Congratulations love seeing those little fry:fish:hope they make it to be adults. How long do you think they will have to stay in there? So far I have found 2 glow lights fry, one came out of the hornwort this afternoon and swam to one end of the tank and back to the hornwort, he was too fast for me to get a picture.

:yahoo:Congratulations love seeing those little fry:fish:hope they make it to be adults. How long do you think they will have to stay in there? So far I have found 2 glow lights fry, one came out of the hornwort this afternoon and swam to one end of the tank and back to the hornwort, he was too fast for me to get a picture.

I will keep them in for a few days. The other fish were waiting around her area, so I lost a lot obviously. But glad I saved 4 at least. They are super cute. I have another swordtail ready to go in the next few days I reckon too

Hope you have the room for all those babes :fish: . I would like to see a few more tetra fry like 4-10 would be great. I have 4 female tetra and the 6 males are again chasing them around the tank the last few days:wub: I did a major water change and increased the temp and lessen the hours of light being on like I did before.

Hope you have the room for all those babes :fish: . I would like to see a few more tetra fry like 4-10 would be great. I have 4 female tetra and the 6 males are again chasing them around the tank the last few days:wub: I did a major water change and increased the temp and lessen the hours of light being on like I did before.

I actually do have another setup, thank god. As this tank has got so much action going on lol

One of my girls (I think swordtail) just had babies this morning. I have manage to save 4 of the]
Congrats! Be sure your water parameters are good & provide cover for the fry to reduce stress (no fish is happy in a bare space). I've been keeping aquariums for 50 years (started in elementary school!) & just got into breeding; the sight of all these fry is awe-inspiring. Good luck with your swordtails, and don't be discouraged if some or most don't make it. Nature designed them that way, know what I mean? And there will be more if the tank is healthy. It seems to be out of fashion, but I still swear by freeze-dried tubifex for conditioning fish.

I ended up finding another fry behind the internal filter and as I moved it it moved and one of the rosies nipped him. I got him in the tank with the other 4 but he ended up dying :sad:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back