My first experience with shrimp.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ancient11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have seen shrimp on You Tube and did about 4 hours of reading on them. I knew they would be small but somehow my mind was not prepared for just how small. I released 12 Amono shrimp and they immediately disappeared (my tank is heavily planted) and after a week I finally spotted two. I also released 10 crystal red shrimp and within the last week I have spotted one briefly. I have to laugh at the situation because of all the money spent and how good they are at hiding. I don't think I will be buying any more shrimp because of the way my tank is set up. If I had a spare tank that I could make a species only tank then perhaps I would buy more.

I agree. Mine are a species only tank and you can watch them for hours. :)

As long as the parameters are right and you have no predators we'll check back in 3-4 months. Amanos won't breed in the tank but CRS should.

When I first added RCS to my tank (7/10 survived the first week) I spent every day trying to find and count them. Then a month watching the progress of the berried females and another month trying to find shrimplets. Now I have 100s - quite literally and you can't miss seeing some every time you look in the tank :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back