My first corys!

mrsjoannh13

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Fun fact... if you order a certain number of fish online, sometimes they send you a BONUS fish. Not so fun fact.... I ordered 6 false julii's and didn't realize I had a SEVENTH in the bag for a few seconds. One poor little cory got left in the bag with no water probably stressed out of his little fishy mind. I hope he recovers! Everyone is looking pretty good so far. They are hanging out together wiggling around. 2 of them sometimes have a clamped top fin - Hopefully it's just stress from the shipping and figuring out their new home. They are really adorable. I ordered from Aquatic Arts online and the shipping was pricey but they shipped out last night and I received them this morning by 9:30. Very pleased.

Attachments

• IMG_7674.jpeg
    IMG_7674.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 121
Congrats on the newbies....good thing corys can breathe straight air, for a short amount of time, eh?

I've done the same exact thing with shipped fish, almost through a cory away with the bag!

Congrats on the newbies....good thing corys can breathe straight air, for a short amount of time, eh?

I've done the same exact thing with shipped fish, almost through a cory away with the bag!
Oh man did I feel BAD! I put 5 in at first and was like - wait - there should be 6. Then I screamed when I saw one in the bag on the floor. Got that one in the tank fairly quickly. Then after I was done (or so I thought) I looked down at the bag and thought - dang, that looks like another cory in there. Then I screamed when I realized it was indeed another cory. That was a surprise! The company sent 1 extra cory and 1 extra amano shrimp over what I ordered. So I got a bonus in both bags!

Gotta love that kind of bonus...yeah, I had one jump completely out of my net, and land on my foot then the floor once, while transferring from bag to tank...I went into full panic mode...poor thing had dog hair stuck to it, lol....he/she ended up fine, though

I had the same kind of thing happen to me not to long ago. I got some neon tetras and when I poured them into the tank I could only see five, then I realized one swam up current and got stuck to the bag! Thank goodness I saw him, he's doing perfectly fine, just a bit of a scare.

Congratulations on your new corys!

They look a little malnourished, so make sure to plump those guys up, once they recover from from shipping shock. :)

Congratulations on your new corys!

They look a little malnourished, so make sure to plump those guys up, once they recover from from shipping shock. :)
I haven't fed them yet. They've been in the tank about 2 hours. They do seem to be doing well - not hiding too much. I may drop some worms in later this afternoon. Usually I wouldn't feed on the first day due to stress, but they seem to be settling in nicely. So I think an early dinner is in the cards!

I had the same kind of thing happen to me not to long ago. I got some neon tetras and when I poured them into the tank I could only see five, then I realized one swam up current and got stuck to the bag! Thank goodness I saw him, he's doing perfectly fine, just a bit of a scare.
You should pour the bag into a net, over a bucket, then lower the net into the tank, and let the fish swim out of the net...NEVER add tank water from an LFS, or water they were shipped in, into your tank...no telling what nasties could be in that water

I haven't fed them yet. They've been in the tank about 2 hours. They do seem to be doing well - not hiding too much. I may drop some worms in later this afternoon. Usually I wouldn't feed on the first day due to stress, but they seem to be settling in nicely. So I think an early dinner is in the cards!
Lower the lights on the tank with all new fish, if you can...less stressful for them as they acclimate to their new surroundings

I wouldn’t feed them today, just to give them a chance to settle in. :)

Lower the lights on the tank with all new fish, if you can...less stressful for them as they acclimate to their new surroundings
Yep, the light is actually off right now. The only light they are getting is a little from the overhead light in the room, which I also have dimmed a bit.

Fun fact... if you order a certain number of fish online, sometimes they send you a BONUS fish. Not so fun fact.... I ordered 6 false julii's and didn't realize I had a SEVENTH in the bag for a few seconds. One poor little cory got left in the bag with no water probably stressed out of his little fishy mind. I hope he recovers! Everyone is looking pretty good so far. They are hanging out together wiggling around. 2 of them sometimes have a clamped top fin - Hopefully it's just stress from the shipping and figuring out their new home. They are really adorable. I ordered from Aquatic Arts online and the shipping was pricey but they shipped out last night and I received them this morning by 9:30. Very pleased.
Gorgeous!! Beautiful little fellows.

I have one LFS that sells all their shrimps in bags.
Sometimes or most of the time, the bags will have shrimplets.
It's nice to have the shrimplets as they are more hardy than the adult shrimps.
And once they are used to my tank water, they will live well in my tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back