My Fiddler Crab Is Losing Its Limbs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BattleCrab

Reaction score
Please help. I woke up this morning to my fiddler crab with all its legs scattered all over the tank. He had lost his very big claw about a month ago and I've had him for almost 2 years now. he has successfully molted before. i'm not sure whats going on. if someone can help me or give me some information on whats going on that would be great. all he has now is his very small claw and he cant really move or go anywhere. I'm going to put him on shore with some food to make sure he eats something today because he cant really move to get the food. I haven't seen him fighting with the other crab. they actually get along very well. Just I need help on whats going on.

Please help. I woke up this morning to my fiddler crab with all its legs scattered all over the tank. He had lost his very big claw about a month ago and I've had him for almost 2 years now. he has successfully molted before. i'm not sure whats going on. if someone can help me or give me some information on whats going on that would be great. all he has now is his very small claw and he cant really move or go anywhere. I'm going to put him on shore with some food to make sure he eats something today because he cant really move to get the food. I haven't seen him fighting with the other crab. they actually get along very well. Just I need help on whats going on.
So sorry that is going on! I'm new to the forum and I'm just seeing this but if you haven't figured anything out yet maybe this could help you understand what's going on.... I've recently been researching fiddlers because I just got two and knew pretty much nothing about them! I did run across a few articles that talked about putting fiddlers on gravel is not good for them because they like to burrow and if they try to with gravel they will loose their legs but they do grow back. Being that you've had them for two years I doubt that is the problem but unfortunately that brings me to the only other thing I found about that....and that is that typically a fiddler crabs life expectancy when they are in captivity is only 1 1/2 to 2 years so it could just be that it is his time. If that is the case I'm so sorry!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back