My Fahaka Puffer

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
here's photograph of my biggest Puffer, Darwin.

1492130974_5347ea6dde_b.jpg

1491281499_c9d34d819f_b.jpg

Not great images, but I'll improve!

beautiful :good:
stunning tail :eek:

how big is his tank? any tank shots? ._.

beautiful :good:
stunning tail :eek:

how big is his tank? any tank shots? ._.

The tank is a real mess right now, so no tank shots. I've got an algae problem to sort (check out some of the rocks). Once thats sorted, I will post a whole ton more. I'll also have an excuse to get better with my camera.

Nice fish! Great character.
As for algae problem.....I wonder if Rowaphos could help you out. It's my thinking that the algae is being caused by the high protein foods that the puffer gets, which is un-avoidable ofcourse because a stable diet is required.

Nice fish! Great character.
As for algae problem.....I wonder if Rowaphos could help you out. It's my thinking that the algae is being caused by the high protein foods that the puffer gets, which is un-avoidable ofcourse because a stable diet is required.

The issue might be the cost of rowaphos for a 150g tank :|

I think I might have a go a bit later on by just removing the algae thats on the sand by hand...

nice fish ;)

as for the algae, try turning the lights off for 2 hours in the middle of the day..... works for me ;)

Looking good. Quite nice dark colouration. I assume that is linked to the substrate, as paul's on dark substrate seemed darker than martha on lighter sand.

Looking good. Quite nice dark colouration. I assume that is linked to the substrate, as paul's on dark substrate seemed darker than martha on lighter sand.

Yes, he's on a mi of black gravel and sand now, he used to be on just sand and he was a bit more washed out.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

great looking puffer!
ever considered introducing Darwin to Martha?

talking of which where is SirM these days?

Nice Fahaka, you keep him alone? Ours won`t tolerate any tank mates at all.

I'm one of the lucky few that manages to keep tankmates.

I think it is totally dependent on what you keep. Something that stays still, lke a bichir wouldn't work (and doesn't work, I tried once). A plec wouldn't work. I keep a garra and a siamese algae eater. Fast moving cyprinids work fine for me. They're too quick for Darwin and he moves far too fast for them. I think red line torpedo barbs would work, but something like slow moving tetras wouldnt. I think if you choose the right fish, quite a few fahakas could have tank"mates".

As for introducing him to martha, maybe not!

Most reactions

trending

Back