My Ei 15 Gallon - Rescape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks all - the fern is grown from a single Tropica specimen, I really love it :)

Planted the UG today:

normal_Final_planting_of_UG.jpg

Bring on the algae ;)

the fern is grown from a single Tropica specimen,
That's what I love to hear! Not just someone buying $$$ worth of plants & bunging them in a tank, rather someone putting effort into cultivating their own... Way to go nry, if this tank turns out great (and I see no reason why it won't) you would have deserved it. :good:

Andy

You do see a lot of those ferns which don't look very good at all (liike my old one for example), but you have managed to grow yours very well indeed.

I won't say I did anything special - this one grew in my 5-gallon on some mopani wood. 4.5wpg with unstable DIY CO2 and reduced EI, rather uncared for in a way! I moved it into my 15-gallon ~2 months ago, it probably grew on a bit in there too. It did do much better than the £1 eBay windelov, that never looked as nice.

Lol, no tips beyond practice, thought and planning! It's taken me ~18 months to create a scape I am actually happy with :) I will be more happy once it is settled for a few months and I don't get mass algae breakouts!

Fish are sensitive eh? Two days after moving my 4 pygmy cory into the new scape and they have significant fun producing eggs everywhere! That is with full EI dosing from day one too.....think one of my bororas maculata had its tail nipped somehow (maybe in the filter outlet tube gaps?), treating daily with SeaChem Paraguard (does pretty much everything) as I have found this superb previously - plant and filter safe etc etc. Seems to be improving at the moment.

Jaqno CO2 'Mixer' arrived today. Seems simple but well made which is contrary to what I have seen others say. The CO2 enters the cylinder as normal bubbles (suggesting this would work fine with DIY setups) and there is an angled cut in the filter intlet pipe which I am guessing causes the water in the cylinder to blow the CO2 bubbles around hence mixing them with the water which then exits through a normal shaped pipe. It should theoretically allow for 100% absorbtion of CO2 into the water providing you set your BPM correctly. Might need some additional filter tubing to connect this up without kinks, will have a look later this week.

Hey nry, how good is the tetratec? Im looking for a new filter and the ex700 works out cheaper than a eheim would you recommend one?

The TetraTec is in my opinion superb, very very quiet and very well put together. I got mine from zooplus.co.uk and saved loads on the UK price, delivered for less than £45. They also do Eheim aswell, worth checking out.

The TetraTec is in my opinion superb, very very quiet and very well put together. I got mine from zooplus.co.uk and saved loads on the UK price, delivered for less than £45. They also do Eheim aswell, worth checking out.
I've been checking them out as you've seen at ukaps :good:
Choosing a filter is SO confusing.

No more piccies yet, should take some - the moss and fern are filling out well, the UG is taking its time to do anything beyond get a bit leggy, it's been in few weeks now, I'm hoping it will start to spread soon. If it doesn't work out then I'll try some HC but I am being patient!

Not going to tempt algae I hope, but so far so good - I'm guessing that my low fish load and fully mature filter are keeping ammonia minimal hence no algae triggers. Still dosing full EI levels for this tank with 50% water changes. Not put the Jaqno in yet, need some more tubing first.

Oh, and my cory are randy little bu55ers, eggs every few days!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back