My DREAM!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

When you get the betta, try and see if they will give it to you for free. Remember that any money you give them is going to help them mistreat more fish.
Also, if you wanted to, you could save the betta, get it healthy, and then sell it to a good home. That way you could clear up the tank to save a new betta.
That's a good idea. I will pick out a sick one and see if they would be willing to give me it for free.

I will be keeping it though. I'm to attached to my bettas! :wub: :lol:

@Byron, @Colin_T, what is the best way to scoot a 29g tank over a couple of feet? Would I need to drain it half way? Or all the way...?

(You can see in post #54. I need to scoot it all the way to the left of that sitting bench)

If you are sliding the tank across the same surface, moving it to the left or right for example, siphon out most of the water and carefully push it from whichever end. Never "pull" it by the frame with any weight in the tank, this is likely to cause the seal to break somewhere.

Never lift a tank by the frame unless it is completely empty. Have it sitting on a strong and sturdy sheet of plywood or similar that extends an inch or more out from the frame, and then lift the plywood. I moved my 10g last year by draining it down to about 2 inches of water, leaving the group of pygmy cories in, and sliding it onto a sheet of plywood. Two of us were then able to carry the tank without touching the frame and I had no problems. And the fish had less upheaval than had I chased them around with a net and moved them in a bucket. They probably thought the entire experience was a tropical rainstorm!

But I can put all of the water I siphon out into 5g bucket, and the just put it back in the tank?

Its currently on an all wood sitting "bench" with a piece of cardboard under it.

But I can put all of the water I siphon out into 5g bucket, and the just put it back in the tank?

Its currently on an all wood sitting "bench" with a piece of cardboard under it.

When I remove water from a tank, I don't think I ever put it back, I always use fresh and treat it as a water change. This is advantageous if fish are present because the process will obviously be somewhat stressful, and there is nothing like fresh water to deal with that. Use a conditioner, nothing more.

When I remove water from a tank, I don't think I ever put it back, I always use fresh and treat it as a water change. This is advantageous if fish are present because the process will obviously be somewhat stressful, and there is nothing like fresh water to deal with that. Use a conditioner, nothing more.
This is going to be a busy afternoon. :whistle:

I GOT IT!!!

The tank was a bit messy, but nothing hot water and vinegar couldn't fix. The equipment was also in fairly good condition. As of right now, the tank is filled up with de chlorinated water and the filter is running. I do have some questions... (lol)

I'll make another thread and post pictures. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back