Loving your choice of plants, I'm just about to set up a new tank as well and am thinking about plant choices, although on a much smaller scale than yours!UPDATE: Thoughts on plants and planting
Thinking about what plants I want. I read an approach to planting that helps to keep the algae at bay. It uses "negative allelopathy," kind of warfare of plants on stuff that's bad for them, to keep algae from getting a foothold. It requires one to load the tank with plants. I want to do this anyway, and I think I'll scape it better if I do it in one chunk (at least at first), so I'm excited about getting a bunch of plants at once and planting them. Also, I'm going to use the Estimative Index fertilization method developed by Dr. Tom Barr. It works best if the whole tank is planted, apparently, so yay! - another reason to put a bunch in at once.
The challenge is to get them all in a relatively short period of time (a few days), and get the ones I want (or that I think I want). Looking at different plant selling sites to see what they have- actually using them to find the ones I want.
Also, thinking I'll give the list to the LFS to see how much they have.
I'm very hopeful that folks that belong to my local aquarium association will grow a lot of these plants and sell them to me on the cheap. Plants are SO expensive now- it's crazy.
I purchased a good CO2 setup, and I'll be following the EI fertilization method after the plants settle in and start growing, so I should have what I need to make these things do right.
Anyway, here are the ones I am excited about (please forgive spelling errors):
1. Top: Red Root Floater - phyllanthus fluitans - I'll keep these in a ring- the roots are beautiful!
View attachment 330788
2. Mid: Bucephalandra Dark Skeleton King/Dark Achilles - I'll tie this to some wood- it is so striking!
View attachment 330789
3. Back: Amazon Sword- easy, big, beautiful green
View attachment 330790
4. Back: Water Wisteria - pretty green foliage, big and abundant
View attachment 330791
5. Back: Alternanthera Rosanervig - red - nice blast of red in the back- a lot of the pics show this in the middle, but I think it can grow tall- either way it's purty!
View attachment 330792
6. Cover: Christmas Moss - growing on wood/rocks - I like the "little christmas tree look" of this moss- lovely on the hardscape
View attachment 330793
7. Mid: Alternanthera Reineckii red - another splash of red in the middle
View attachment 330794
8. Front & cover: Micranthemum Monte Carlo- I love the way this looks and it's supposed to be easier than baby tears
View attachment 330795
9. Mid: Pearl Weed - this is prolific grower and can grow in the middle or background. Just a beautiful green
View attachment 330796
That's what I have in mind so far- we'll see how it all turns out. Any thoughts on plants to try?
Let us know how the pee works out for cycling