My Dog Tore Up My Java Moss!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PrincessKiara

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What can I do for it? Even if it survives, will it still be useful for anything tankscaping-wise? She hates water, but was so desperate to tear my poor moss that she stuck her nose in it anyway to steal it and then stood wagging her tail at me and begging for a bone in the midst of all the destruction >_< I put it in some diluted coconut water in a plastic cup in the sunlight to see if it recovers
sad.png
It wasn't completely dried out but she tore it into bits.
sad.png
sad.png
What can I do for it? I don't want to toss it, Java moss is more expensive than other plants here :(

Also when I got it it was full of tiny green shrimplike creatures that swam around, they looked kind of like cherry or ghost shrimp but were a transparent green with dots on their bodies and were much smaller. What could they be? I panicked and dumped them out but what if they weren't parasites? :(

Java moss is pretty hard to kill, it should grow again.

Just toss it back in the tank. I have some attached to a piece of driftwood which sat in a hot car for about twelve hours during my move. It got all dried up, but I put the wood back in the tank and now it's alive and healthy. I'd honestly be more concerned about the dog. I don't know if java moss is edible for dogs. (Also why did she go specifically for the java moss???)

I'm not concerned lol, not about Jasmine anyway. If I don't watch her, she'll eat garbage or raid the cat's litter box, for crying out loud :p Besides, she didn't eat it, she just tore it into pieces the way she does with the grass in the yard. Grr.

But moss is slow growing right? Won't it take ages to grow to a decent size again?

Moss is the best plant ever ( or the worst ). An entire colony can grow from a single strand in a few months given the proper light and nutrients. I have a little box where I keep all my Java moss trimmings, I usually only refill the water every few weeks and it refills the box after about a month. Then I bag it and sell it dirt cheap.

Most reactions

Back