my dog just ate aglae wafers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Torrean

The Hairy Potter
Reaction score
My girls dog just ate 1/4 of a bag of algae wafers and she has pups. Will the algae wafers hurt her and will they hurt the pups through her milk?

Compared to most of the stuff pets eat off the floor I am sure the ingredients in the wafers could be the best thing she's scrounged for some time!!

I'm sure her digestive system will pass most of it right through just like most of the binders found in dry dog food and I wouldn't worry about her or the pups.

haha it's absolutely fine ! When I feed my Hikari wafers to the fish, I always dish out some to the cat at the same time. In fact, he's first in line at feeding time :rofl: He far prefers the wafers above any form of cat snack and always gets very excited when he hears the packets open :p

yeha mine to, and can't cats hear the paket being opened from upstaires at teh otehr side of the house! and be there in 3 seconds fomr anywhere

I fed my fish last night when the cat was sitting on a stool next to the tank...Ollie (the cat) went nuts at the smell of the food. In fact he wouldn't leave me alone all night...even though I had washed my hands, im sure he could still smell it. bless.
Iv';e never seen him so excited...

if you do a websearch on "spirulina" the main ingredient for most algae wafers, you'll quickly find that its one of the wunderfuds, right up there with soy in its purported health benefits.

No harm in it. Apart from spirulina, the main ingredient of algae wafers/fish food is... fish. And considering how much algae wafers taste :)P not really) like cat biscuits, I'm imagine my cats will love them. I know Jasper goes loopy if he smells fish food.

Yeah, same as above! My cats have broken into the 'fish food cupboard' several times and stuffed themselves on flake, pellets and algae tabs..... still as healthy as ever!!

Just make sure your dog has plenty of water available, as being a dried food, they will probably make her thirsty! Especially as she is nursing.

Sarah

Hey, I have to say.....when the fridge has been empty....I've sometimes been tempted myself..... lovely green goodness!! nummy....

littlefishie said:
But I have to say.. eating fish wafers?
LOL. I was joking :) They do smell like cat biscuits though. I spilled some flakes on the floor the other day and couldn't be bothered to clean them up. I'm pretty sure they cat ate them.He also ate my last section of toblerne :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back