My discus not eating...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yup most prople will use rummy nose tetras or cardinals because they can handle the higher temperatures that discus require 82-85 degrees.
A school of rummy nose tetras would look super cool with some discus. Maybe 12-15? That would be cool. :cool:

I removed the angelfish and put that discus in QT tank he's still not eating what should I do @Colin_T

Make sure there is some gravel on the bottom of the tank. Have plants and wood to make the fish feel more secure. Have a picture on the back of the quarantine tank. Keep the water warm and offer live foods. If there's no improvement after 24 hours the fish is probably going to die. But give it a couple of days and it should get better if it's not stressed out.

If the fish's colour is better, that is usually a good sign. Just
keep offering different foods, especially live and frozen foods if you can get some.

You could try soaking his food in some garlic juice. This is appetite enhancer. Also there's a product called 'garlic guard' with vitamin C which is the first vitamin to be washed away from prepared foods. So helpful to get them interested in food and also good for vitamins.

I also like to supplement their food with Boyd's Vitachem. It can also be added to the water for uptake thru the skin when the fish isn't eating. Very helpful for your little guy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back