My cycling update thread...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The bacteria we grow to cycle our tanks is a "bit" more than "moist"...it's aquatic

I still doubt that modern aquarium lighting, or even room lighting, have any effect on the rate of BB growth we encourage to cycle fish tanks...after all, the initial growth is within our filters, which should not have much direct light, if any...depending on the filter, and it's location to any light source
Lol, true

At any rate, it appears your cycle is going according to plan...stay the course, be patient, you've done a fine job with your first cycle, IMO 👍
Thank you, that means so much coming from someone of your expertise!

Sorry, I didnt have time to test the nitrates earlier... Here they are... It seems to be between 5 and 10ppm
1026212214.jpg

With the nitrAte test using the API kit, you must be certain to shake the second bottle of reagent like crazy before adding to the test tube, or you will get inaccurate results

Shake hard for one minute, bang the bottle on a desk, shake some more....

Stage 2? What do you all think?
1027211021.jpg

With the nitrAte test using the API kit, you must be certain to shake the second bottle of reagent like crazy before adding to the test tube, or you will get inaccurate results

Shake hard for one minute, bang the bottle on a desk, shake some more....
I hit it with a baseball bat then put it in San Francisco hoping for an earthquake.

Remember...patience is key in this hobby ;)
Yes, I know.... Ive learned that from more than a year of research, getting the tank but not able to set it up due to having to finish that room, and waiting for a cycle to start... I think I can wait 24 hours 😉

Most reactions

trending

Back