My cycling update thread...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I took the top off to show you guys what its doing...
1020211616.jpg

Just got my aquascaping tools in today!! Also I did that "water change" and the "overflow" kinda stopped... I think the aquaclear just does it...
1020211854.jpg

@xxBarneyxx The ammonia is reading a bit over 1ppm ammonia AFTER the water change... Should I add more?

I read that it should be somewhere around 3 PPM which is what I have been targeting. If I am doing this right I am hoping to see Nitrites rise on Saturday.

Yeah I would use the calculator to work out how much to sdd to get 2ppm. That will bring you back up to around 3ppm which is what you want at this stage.
I added some last night and I'm just doing a test now...

Sorry for the dark lighting by the ammonia... Pay attention to the lighter parts of it, like life lol
1021210843.jpg

How long do you guys think the cycle may take based on my progress? I know its a dumb question lol

How long do you guys think the cycle may take based on my progress? I know its a dumb question lol
Well so far there is no progress which is exactly what you would expect at this stage :)

Honestly it is likely to take several weeks. There is little you can do about that so just relax and think of the fish you are going to be able to put in there at the end :)

Well so far there is no progress which is exactly what you would expect at this stage :)

Honestly it is likely to take several weeks. There is little you can do about that so just relax and think of the fish you are going to be able to put in there at the end :)
Oof... I might have to restart the cycle then in a few weeks 😬😬

My ammonia level on mine is about the same as yours. I plan on checking for nitrites this weekend which would put me at a week.

A few days ago I started a notebook log for my cycle (and my aquarium in general) so I can keep track of everything I'm doing good and bad... Also, I think my nitrItes are starting to get a tone of grey in there, about to fade into a light purple... The pic doesnt show it well but I tried to do my best...
1022211013.jpg
1022211014.jpg

A few days ago I started a notebook log for my cycle (and my aquarium in general)
This is always a great idea. Online journals are good too but I always used to keep a book for each tank and track everything that went on with it.

Over time they can be a great source of personal experience. I recently come back to the hobby after quite a few years away and my old tank books have been great for reminding me of a bunch of bits of info I had forgotten.

This is one of my books from one of my first planted tanks, probably 15ish years old at least.
20211022_155913.jpg

This is always a great idea. Online journals are good too but I always used to keep a book for each tank and track everything that went on with it.

Over time they can be a great source of personal experience. I recently come back to the hobby after quite a few years away and my old tank books have been great for reminding me of a bunch of bits of info I had forgotten.

This is one of my books from one of my first planted tanks, probably 15ish years old at least.
View attachment 146060
Yah, I dont have that much info... I keep track of only what I do to the aquarium and what the parameters are...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back