My cycling update thread...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So this will be my cycling update thread for my updates and questions... That way I dont have to keep making threads! Here is my first ammonia reading after putting it in...
1018211924.jpg

You're off to a good start. Patience, patience, patience leads to a successful cycling.

Last edited:
nice, i hope all goes well
update please!
You're off to a good start. Patience, patience, patience leads to a successful cycling.
Thank you, today I tested nitrites and nitrates... The ammonia was somewhere between 3ppm and 4ppm, nitrites were zero and imma guess the nitrates were 2-3ppm... The color sheet they give you only has 0ppm and 5ppm as their lowest results

Yesterday I was so stressed as I was setting up the tank.... I enjoyed about 0% of it... Lol. But I know it'll be worth it!
just take your time and enjoy the process. ;)

In addition to the color-code chart that came with your kit, have a look at this, as well...scroll down the page for the various tests...just hold the TT up to your monitor to compare colors

This was after I dumped water in and all the decor went everywhere... I tried to fix it but the wood floats so ya know...
1019211025.jpg

This was after I dumped water in and all the decor went everywhere... I tried to fix it but the wood floats so ya know...
View attachment 145850
I thought you'd learned to soak the wood beforehand, so that it stayed submerged? ;)
At least with your decor all over the place, you had another chance to add a slope to your substrate.

I thought you'd learned to soak the wood beforehand, so that it stayed submerged? ;)
At least with your decor all over the place, you had another chance to add a slope to your substrate.
I dont think I'm doing the sloping because I think the gudgeons wont appreciate it 😂😂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back