Surinam Cory:

Cory7.jpg

Honey Gourami:

Gourami12.jpg

Kuhli Loach:

Khuli006.jpg

Peppered and Haraldschultzi cories:

Planted017.jpg

African Dwarf Frog (poor pic, but you have to be quick to catch him!)

Planted016.jpg

Amano Shrimp:

Planted020.jpg

Sailfin Plec:

Planted047.jpg

Amano Shrimp shedding. This is a poor pic, he was so far away, but of all the skins I have found - this was the first shed I witnessed! (Out in the open with full lighting too!) I had to laugh at my Yoyo loach, he kept knudging the shrimp, trying to get it away from his hiding place!

Planted050.jpg

My plants are starting to take off now! :)

Planted056.jpg

My Apisto female:

Planted064.jpg

My female Betta (Ruby)

Ruby.jpg

Male Ram:

MRam6.jpg

Full Setup:

Planted15Mar.jpg

Thank you, Dakota, the Cories and Kuhlis love the sand too :D

The tank I found free on an Aquarist classifieds board (and the "donor" lived conveniently close to me lol!). It came with sliding glass doors, but I had to buy a lid which cost about £45. The lighting (1x40 watt Hagen Aqua Glo and 1x40 watt Hagen Power Glo) plus control unit cost (approx) £50 ish - I can't recall to be exact.

I was given a wrought iron stand with the tank, but decided to use a piece of existing furniture.

In total it cost me approx £100. I did have to upgrade my filter, though, so that added quite a bit more :)

And here I was thinking "Wow, my female has color, but not like THAT!" I thought that perhaps it was a male, or not cacatuoides.

Edit: I think that it is a male because: I have never seen a female cacatuoides that doesn't have black stripes on the front of her pectoral fins (I think that's the name, the ones on the bottom towards the head).

Oooh

Lovely Tank.

Have you Got more "Sunset" Gouramis, They Love being in Groups.

Dwarfs said:
Very nice, but that isn't a female apisto ;) It looks like a male A. cactuoides :p
Hey, Dwarfs and pnyklr3! You have done me a favour here! My sister gave me this fish, telling me it was a female agassizii (as she had been told by her LFS). I knew it wasn't an agassizii, hence I said "apisto" lol! :D I was getting ready to post for ID in the Cichlid forum! cheers!

moe_1, thank you!
nshockeyplaya, thank you, too - he is a Sailfin (apparently --- I am waiting for him to grow lol!)
Gill, Thanks! I just have the one Gourami, she loves to hang out with my female Betta (Ironically!) :) The photo does not do justice to the orange in her fins now!
Thank you, Benny!

:)

~ Cathy

CathyG said:
Gill, Thanks! I just have the one Gourami, she loves to hang out with my female Betta (Ironically!) :) The photo does not do justice to the orange in her fins now!
Thank you, Benny!

:)

~ Cathy
Yeah
The orange in the Fins is Gorgeous, And is Very vivid as its Dominant over the Betta.

Get A group of 5-7 and you will see them change in shades of Orange, You will Love it when they Fence with their Feelers.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back