FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

normaldisaster

Reaction score
I bought 5 albino corydoras yesterday and lost one on the same day plus two more this morning.
they seemed to be perfectly heathy.
I also have a betta in the tank with them, but I haven't seem him chasing any of them, and there was no phisical damage on the dead corys.
My tank is cicled, about 50L, ph:7.2, temperature arond 30-28c°

I bought 5 albino corydoras yesterday and lost one on the same day plus two more this morning.
they seemed to be perfectly heathy.
I also have a betta in the tank with them, but I haven't seem him chasing any of them, and there was no phisical damage on the dead corys.
My tank is cicled, about 50L, ph:7.2, temperature arond 30-28c°
How long has the tank been running?

Have you tested ammonia and Nitrite?

30 to 28°c is very hot, The beta might be ok with that but not the Cory's. Cory's generally prefer cooler well oxygenated water, max temp I would consider for a Cory is 26°c but ideally I keep them around 24°c.

In with a Betta I would aim for around 25°c.

30 to 28°c is very hot, The beta might be ok with that but not the Cory's. Cory's generally prefer cooler well oxygenated water, max temp I would consider for a Cory is 26°c but ideally I keep them around 24°c.

thank you for your input I' ll take cari of it asap

thank you for your input I' ll take cari of it asap
Double check ammonia and nitrite as well. Even if you tank was cycled adding the new fish may have caused a spike so just make sure. Also a good water change will never really hurt anything.

Your water is a bit warm for them around 26 is max for them so unless you drop acclimatized them very slowly it’s possible they could have passed from stress. Also did you know they grow to be 3 inches long? That’s a lot of fish for 50L. If I was you I would test for amonia, nitrites, nitrates, and do a water change if your results aren’t 0,0,<.25.

Welcome to Tropical Fish Forum. 😊

Your water is a bit warm for them around 26 is max for them so unless you drop acclimatized them very slowly it’s possible they could have passed from stress. Also did you know they grow to be 3 inches long? That’s a lot of fish for 50L. If I was you I would test for amonia, nitrites, nitrates, and do a water change if your results aren’t 0,0,<.25.

i called the store and the fish are dying there too, i'm still gonna check and fix my parmeters tho

i called the store and the fish are dying there too, i'm still gonna check and fix my parmeters tho
A smart thing to do !!! I assume you get a refund. Sorry for your losses.
Aeneus should do wel in 28 to 30C IMO btw

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back