My community tank and fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So the Otocinclus is in the last image.

My next opportunity for education:
Corys and Otos and Loaches, Oh My!
And Dwarf somethings of one of those.

I'm working on stocking a 20g and need a bottom-ish gentle species. I am leaving room for 4 or 5. I think I may go with the Otos. BUT, I saw some dwarf somethings that came in salt and pepper, zebra, and a 3rd type. I want ones that don't get big, and will be peaceful and friendly to the others.
I'm excited about setting this tank together!

Any suggestions?
I'd recommend panda corries, very cute, don't get as big as some corries and totally peaceful. Six of them would be a good number.

https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/panda-garra-garra-flavatra/#Features Post
I really like this but I think they are going to get too big. Also, I'm not sure if they need to be in a group.

Panda loaches are really cool, too, but a bit pricey. Stunning creatures.

I am looking for a group, do Otos get very big?

The 20g I am planning will have:
8-11 nano fish
5 Celestial Pearl Danios
And a group of ...?
And lots of plants!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words! I have neon tetra, 2 large rasboras, 2 panda corys, 2 sterbai corys, 2 Oto's, 2 guppies, and 4 small danios.
How are the panda Corys and the Otos doing with just a pair of each?

I thought they had to be in bigger groups?
I am always inclined to go low on stocking.

I'd recommend panda corries, very cute, don't get as big as some corries and totally peaceful. Six of them would be a good number.
I'll check into that; I really have to research as far as water parameters and compatibility with my other fish. 6 would be pushing it...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back