StrontiumDog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Chilli

Base Ingredients

500 Grams Minced Beef
2 Small Onions (Finely Chopped)
4 Birds Eye Chillies (Finely Chopped)
2 Tins Chopped Tomatoes (plum tomatoes are my personal fav)
2 Tins Kidney Beans (drained and washed under cold water)
1 ½ Teaspoons Hot Chilli Powder
2 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Chillies
Salt and Pepper to personal taste (I prefer white pepper, hotter kick)

Cooking

Brown the mince beef drain excess fat. Add chopped onions and simmer for a couple of mins while stirring. Add chilli powder, ground cumin, dried crushed chillies, chopped birds eye chillies, salt and pepper, stir and simmer for a couple of mins. Finally add the tomatoes and kidney beans, stir and simmer for about 2 hours. Stirring often during the 2 hours (during the adverts on the T.V. work great LOL)

Other Ingredients

You can add whatever you like. My Misses only likes the basic receipt. I like adding red, green and yellow peppers chopped (the wimp peppers) and Mushrooms. Next time I’m going to do it with scotch bonnet peppers.

p.s. Big pan with a lid needed. I add a bit of water during the cooking as my none stick pan doesn’t do what it says on the label.

p.p.s. If you don’t wear gloves when cutting the hot peppers, remember wash your hands after, don’t rub your eyes (I always forget Doohhh).

This is great with rice and chips, or baked spuds.

If you're not a big fan of the hot, cut out the chopped birds eye peppers and crushed peppers. This was only added by myself from my mums original.

Hope you try it, let me know what you think

Cayenne pepper instead of curry powder. Peppadew peppers for a more mild mannered and sweet kick. There are worse places to rub then your eyes trust me ;). Should be 2 red onions and 1 white onion in my eyes but each to there own. Fresh herbs (cumin) are always better and should have 1 clove of garolic to add depth. You can add tofu mince with the beef if you want to cheapen it up....

Most reactions

trending

Back