My Child Decided To Adopt Two Common Frogs Help?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

goldfinger

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi my child found two common frogs and I have a small tank with rocks and wood but know nothing about keeping frogs?
Any help like light food and environment.
Worst case I'll let them go back into the bunker, but I think they jumped down into it and its 5ft deep so likely they liked the coolness and bugs, but couldnt get back out?
I'll post some pictures but really clueless I think they eat worms and crickets?

Your best bet is letting them go. Its like going from living in a mansion to living in a walk in closet. If you decide to keep them though, frogs enjoy humid environments (their skin must be moist) and you should only handle them when absolutely necessary (they have very sensitive skin and the oils in our hands irritate it.) they arent 100% aquatic so they need a place away from the water like a floating pad or something. They can eat pretty much any live insects that you find outside. If the frogs are large enough they will probably eat any of your fish that will fit into it's mouth.

Yeah we thought the kids can study them for a night and by morning I will let them go. I'm sure they are far happier out doors than in small tank!

goldfinger said:
Yeah we thought the kids can study them for a night and by morning I will let them go. I'm sure they are far happier out doors than in small tank!

why is there K1 filter media in the tank?

This ia an old thread fella!
I've let them go in the garden awhile ago now.
The K1 media was mixed in with the gravel when I had clean out some gravel in a bucket which I managed to drop a few K1 when I used the bucket to rines off new K1 TBF they only stayed in the spare tank for less than 12 hours. I've got so much K1 a few left behind didnt matter.
Hope that answered your question?
Jay

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back