My cat discovered fish in the aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

finius

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
It took a couple of weeks but my cat finally discovered that there are fish in the aquarium. He seems particularly fascinated by the loaches. It was funny at first (it still is I guess) but now he's pawing at the glass and lunging at it somewhat. The fish seem alright and don't really notice him. Does anyone else's cat, dog or whatever seem mesmerised by your aquarium? Did they persist until they caught one?

What makes this funnier is that he discovered the fish while under the influence of premo living catnip. Like it took an expanded state of consciousness for him to percieve the fish. :D

thats pretty funny.
Mine like to sit on top of the tank as if it were a throne. mostly has to do with my one cat not liking the fact that his daddy gives attention to anything but him.

Right now its harmless because he can't get to the fish and he's declawed. But when I had my oscar tank setup and they could dip their paws in the water from the back side of the glass that got entertaining. Once the fish got to be BIG oscars they decided that the cat was a little too balsy and would nip his paws. So depending on your fish you may need to have more concern for your kitty :D

One of my dogs sits watching our fish and if they swim around right at the front he barks at them,the fish just ignor him though . :lol:

My cats are hilarious about THEIR fish tank. Squishy spends hours in front of it, playing, sleeping, cleaning it and licking his brother Zion. He even sometimes guards it from Zion, growling and blocking Zion from jumping onto the stand.

Last night he almost knocked it over. He came running from the other end of the room, jumped and slid into it. He's a monkey around fish! :lol:

My little psycho dog Buddy is just infatuated with my chinese algae eater..The algae eater likes to sleep between the baby net and the glass,and my dog will butt his teeth and face into the glass as hard as he can trying to get that algae eater. The tank sways back and forth and I start screaming and smacking him away. LOL I don't know what it is about that CAE,he just HAS to eat that dang thing. :blink:

My cat likes to wacth the bubbles from the undergravel filter but tends to ignore the fish, but my dog's funny cause whenever she see's the fish swims downwards she goes under the table that it's on and sniffs the floor out and the air vent thingy as if they would come out through the bottom or the vent

Only 1 of my 3 cats is interested in my tanks.....and seems to be MOST interested in the corys.......probably because they scurry about like little rats!! :lol:

:alien:

My dog (half Rottweiler mix) has been obsessed with staring into my new 75 gallon tank since I got it, even though I have fish ... she's looking for them. She knows fish go in tanks from my girlfriend's 10 Gallon tank ... she loves to sit and stare, almost hypnotized, and when I shake her out of it she slurps down drool. She's already jumped up on the tank once, pursuing a piece of floating plastic plant. This had better not turn into a problem when the fish come ...

Most reactions

trending

Back