FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

One of my bronze has been laying eggs all morning, I have been able to save about 4 batches now. How many do they lay. The ones I have saved I have broke off the leaf of the Val and popped them into a little breeding tank so the fish don’t eat them.

Attachments

• 0A7D8F9A-FE6B-430A-A682-27E407D51CF9.jpeg
    0A7D8F9A-FE6B-430A-A682-27E407D51CF9.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 103
Okay I will do that. Can you tell me how long spawning goes for as she is she going?

Do you think one of those breeding net cubes would be better for the eggs to stay in?

I left the eggs in the tank but made sure they were cover by leafy plants or java moss and in a shaded area when I saw them. I have only ember, red eyed, glow light and neon tetra. My Red eye tetra had 13 fry over a 3 month period and my glow light just had their 1st fry, here is a pcture of the glow light fry taken a few days ago.

Attachments

• GEDC1196.JPG
    GEDC1196.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 95
If they laid them on a leaf it is best to leave them there, As far as spawning I would see 1 or 2 new red eyed tetra fry every week or two. I had 3 adult males and 2 females.

I am going to take the eggs to a breeder I know, she is going to hatch the ones that are fertile for me. The Rosy barbs were following her around as she was spawning and I lost a few to batches so I think I will play it safe and hope I can get some little babies out of these ones.

Naw thank you. I took them to my breeder and she has advised they are all health so looks like I am going to have several babies.. so excited :yahoo:

Naw thank you. I took them to my breeder and she has advised they are all health so looks like I am going to have several babies.. so excited :yahoo:
That is great:hyper:I just found a 2nd fry in my tetra tank,:fish: looks like the same size as the first fry not sure yet if it is also a glow light tetra since it is also hiding in the hornwort but I think it is:friends:

Hi all

One of my bronze has been laying eggs all morning, I have been able to save about 4 batches now. How many do they lay. The ones I have saved I have broke off the leaf of the Val and popped them into a little breeding tank so the fish don’t eat them.
My
Hi all

My experience is with albinos. After many trials & errors, i have found if you leave the fry alone, they will have a better chance of survival! If you put in a seperate fry tank you should absolutely use methal blue otherwise you will most likely loose most if not all due to fungus. Have been breeding about 4 yrs. When i leave with parents i have found thst they clean the eggs, not consume them! Also, today at feeding time, found parents pushing food to the tiny, hiding babies! Albino corys at least, dont eat, they nurture their young!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back