The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
sooooo,
ive had this boy for about a year now. rescued him froma wedding i was working where they had bettas on every table in little vases as the centerpieces. no one was taking them home and i took pity on two of them. had a divided tank for them but THIS guy managed to get to the other and of course there was a fight...i managed to separate them quickly (thank god i was home and AWARE as it could not have been more than 2 minutes). they beat each other up but no worse (really) for wear...about a month later i lost the other guy to popeye (i think i overreacted and potentially killed him :( )
in any case, here's my red guy (no name)...hes been very happy in his tank with a few cories and snails. he's nearing his birthday soon (at least the date when i got him- that is his birthday as far as i am concerned.).
i have never used photobucket and hope i correctly uploaded the pictures here and sized them correctly (im a computer moron!!!). so here's my first attempt. lemme know if the pics dont work and ill try and fix them.
enjoy!
http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/uu348/loraxchick/bettas/

The guests got to take the fish home in the end!? Get ME an Invite to the next wedding! :D

The guests got to take the fish home in the end!? Get ME an Invite to the next wedding! :D

well, this was the idea...but the staff at the event ended up taking most of them. it was sad that the fish were just a novelty. but mine was the lucky one...only one, to my knowledge that is still kickin'.

but wait till you get there and people are tormenting the fish, pouring the water out and them dropping them into the candles. people can get really cruel when they drink too much.

Nice one loraxchick :good: :good:

shame it still goes on :(

He looks great and well done for giving him a great home for the last year :good:

Thanks guys.
he's my little piggy. and actually quite docile, even if he did kick the snot out of his old divided tankmate. i was very wary of adding tankmates(but have other tanks up in case) but he actually couldnt care less...he loves to follow the cories around and monitor their snuffling in the sand. he was also very tolerant of a few ghost shrimp that i once had in there. just as curious as can be.
and now that ive got the whole photobucket thing working (apparently), i will have to get some good pics of my "new guy" (no name-just call him little fish) who ive had for about 6 weeks. hes so cute and about half the size of this bug red guy.
cheers

Hi there

he is gorgeous, very much like Aslan my red VT (even with the same blue sheen).

C :nod:

thanks,
Aslan is pretty. i like your pic of him flaring...my boy can only flare one side :( but it is an enndearing quality. these pics are several months old. ill try to get some newer ones soon. His caudal fin is sooooo long that sometimes im afraid it will grow so long he will swim lopsided! And yes he does have quite a blue sheen...his between his rays is turquoise! the pics dont do him justice (as im sure most of our betta pics dont)!
thnks for all the kind replies.

omg! My Viva only flares on one side 2! I wonder if it is hereditary....i am planing on breeding Viva soon but dont want his children to have 1 sided flares! Lol anyway...... Your betta is beautiful!

Wow, he's a lucky fish! There is a mob in the US I think that does fish centrepieces for weddings - they use goldfish in bowls, but they keep the goldfish in proper tanks the rest of the time and the bowls are ammo-locked with bubblers. I wish they were all like that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back