FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
that's a nice big spawn! Well done :D It's all looking great :D

Well looks like my fry have become bored of feeding on microworms. Tried feeding them today and they completely ignored them (getting picky). They seem more interested in nipping at my plants and the surface of my substrate.
Decided to make powdered fry food by finely grinding Northfin Krill Gold 1mm pellets. The fry seem eager to eat the stuff, but it sinks too fast, and the fry aren't big enough to take baby brineshrimp yet.

okay ... just to throw something in that you might not have considered. The micro-worms will survive for up to 24 hours ... is it possible the fry are now preferring to hunt the micro-worms rather than just take them the easy way?

Akasha72 said:
okay ... just to throw something in that you might not have considered. The micro-worms will survive for up to 24 hours ... is it possible the fry are now preferring to hunt the micro-worms rather than just take them the easy way?

Did't think of that haha. I thought they just take the worms like my other fish fry do. They seem to feeding on the powdered food though. I'll continue with the microworms and the powdered pellets, and see how things go.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back